Why is Baseball being investigated?

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
I sent my Congressman and Senators emails stating that I find this waste of time and money to be rediculous...

Kick the MLB out of Capitol Hill and deal with it themselves.
This does not require the time of our legislators, as we need them to perform better things then find out if someone took some performance enhancing drugs...

Like say...Deal with Immigration or Terrorism? How bout the Economy!?

What do you guys think?

Easy Answer, to reenforce that we need Government and Government can take care of everything for us.

I asked this in one of the MLB threads. I think the official reason is because the federal government gives money for stadiums, therefore they are allowed to stick their noses in it. :huh:

Still, I find it very unsettling that we have gone to a war on false pretenses and there hasn't been the slightest bit of investigation, but there are whole Congressional hearings regarding Roger Clemens shooting up;

I asked this in one of the MLB threads. I think the official reason is because the federal government gives money for stadiums, therefore they are allowed to stick their noses in it. :huh:

Still, I find it very unsettling that we have gone to a war on false pretenses and there hasn't been the slightest bit of investigation, but there are whole Congressional hearings regarding Roger Clemens shooting up;

4 hours of the Congressional meeting cost about 1 million...

2 hours of that was spent talking about Roger Clemens ass.

So...much...ass talk :(

Because the government allocates funding and resources to the MLB, as it does to every professional sport. Furthermore, there are hearings going on over the war in Iraq, Alberto Gonzales, Harriet Miers, Karl Rove, health care, the economy, immigration reform, science and technology, alternative energy, defense contracting, and FISA. I would know, considering I've been to three hearings this week-- neither one of them dealing with the MLB hearings.

The problem is, the media only covers high profile nonsense like this.

What is really getting on my nerves is Spector wanting to investigate my the Patriots were video-taping games. That is non-sense. The Congress obviously has nothing else to do.

What is really getting on my nerves is Spector wanting to investigate my the Patriots were video-taping games. That is non-sense. The Congress obviously has nothing else to do.

Arlen Specter has nothing else to do. There are plenty of Senators who don't want anything to do with that.

I think Specter is still trying to salvage himself after creating the "magic bullet" theory

Easy Answer, to reenforce that we need Government and Government can take care of everything for us.

Additional Answer: They have no idea what they are doing when it comes to fixing the economy, war, immigration, education or all the other really difficult issues. This is a nice distraction from that so they roll it out in front of the media front and center, hoping people will get angry with Roger Clemens instead of them.

Is Larry Craig on that committee?

jag

The only reason Congress is looking into this is they believe MLB will do nothing about this.

It's because baseball players used drugs that were deemed illegal by the federal government. They want to make this issue public because of how players are idolized by young people.

Close

Additional Answer: They have no idea what they are doing when it comes to fixing the economy, war, immigration, education or all the other really difficult issues. This is a nice distraction from that so they roll it out in front of the media front and center, hoping people will get angry with Roger Clemens instead of them.

jag

Agreed. Wag the Dog...

Athletes exist to perform well in their sports, so shouldn't they all be taking drugs? If the govt. supports or funds sports leauges then they should just stop doing that, as sports are lame.

Steroids and HGH are not good for the body.

CONGRESSMAN: Is there...photographic evidence of this? I mean, I'm asking for the sake of finding the truth to these allegations, of course...*readies tissues and lotion*

Seriously, I think it's partially media fakeout over the real issues, and the fact that it's baseball. America's past time.

People wouldn't know the real issues if it bit them square in the ass, but God willing there's steroids in baseball! Is there nothing left that's sacred?!

CONGRESSMAN: Is there...photographic evidence of this? I mean, I'm asking for the sake of finding the truth to these allegations, of course...*readies tissues and lotion*

Seriously, I think it's partially media fakeout over the real issues, and the fact that it's baseball. America's past time.

People wouldn't know the real issues if it bit them square in the ass, but God willing there's steroids in baseball! Is there nothing left that's sacred?!
America's PAST past time. Does baseball really hold the signifacance it used to in this country? I think people are trying to hold on to the old standards of 1950's America to pretend that kids are influenced by baseball greats, people eat apple pie, or attend concerts or anything. People dont really do anything anymore, you know, the internet came out like several decades ago.

America's PAST past time. Does baseball really hold the signifacance it used to in this country? I think people are trying to hold on to the old standards of 1950's America to pretend that kids are influenced by baseball greats, people eat apple pie, or attend concerts or anything. People dont really do anything anymore, you know, the internet came out like several decades ago.

I don't think it's that important either--hell, the only time I ever watched baseball was the 2001 World Series, and only because my hometeam was in it.

But that could be why Congress is doing it--it would be a big deal for guys who were born in nineteen-f**king-twenty eight like the guys in Congress. They're zombies, I'm telling ya.

America's PAST past time. Does baseball really hold the signifacance it used to in this country?

Yes. They've set attendance records every year. And Baseball is still America's past time. The past time isn't the popular sport at the time.

When they talk about the ass blood samples, it just grosses me out. Everyone knows Roger Clemens is a liar, and I'm surprised that people were this shocked that Clemens name was in the Mitchell Report, I could see it from a mile away.

Well considering some team are able to sell out every one of the 81 games in a season, yeah, I'd say there are still some people interested in baseball. There's still a lot of people that like to get out of the house every so often and don't spend all day on the internet.

That said, I think it's ridiculous that these congressional hearing are going on, but the congressman who aren't up for re-election or are such an institution in their state they don't need to worry about being re-elected need to convince the people they're doing something other than getting fat off our tax-money.

Well considering some team are able to sell out every one of the 81 games in a season, yeah, I'd say there are still some people interested in baseball. There's still a lot of people that like to get out of the house every so often and don't spend all day on the internet.

That said, I think it's ridiculous that these congressional hearing are going on, but the congressman who aren't up for re-election or are such an institution in their state they don't need to worry about being re-elected need to convince the people they're doing something other than getting fat off our tax-money.
Do kids still collect baseball cards, though? If not, steroids and other fascinating drugs should be encouraged if not necessary for all athletes, since the purpose of an athlete is to entertain the masses and hit balls far. Also, which DC titles are you reading?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"