Comics Why the love for Lois Lane?

SamuraiSon6

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am a "fan" of Superman, but I have always followed Spider-Man very close, and Batman somewhat, but Superman was more of a "pick up a cool comic cover" kinda thing. So my question is, why does Superman/Clark Kent love Lois Lane so much. I am being serious, i'm sorry if there is an obvious answer out there, I have just never seen it. I'm not trying to invalidate their love for each other, I just think I would appreciate it more if I knew why he loved her so much. Was there a pivitol moment where he desperately needed someone and she was the only one there for him, or does she just understand him better than others. Or is it simply that he thinks she is pretty (which I hope its not). Again, I have just never understood why he risked everything for her. I look forward to some of the hardcore fan answers, thanks for listening.

have you ever looked at someone... and no matter what happened youd do anything for???

Lois Lane and Superman sort of developed a relationship based on her frequent interviews with him. She was the person who gave him his name. Repeated social exposure, just sort of gave way to the idea that they really felt for each other. But this is a long standing history. There used to be a book a few decades ago called "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane." I think that pretty much paints the picture.

Lois Lane as a character is such a strong well developed individual who basically represents humanity at it's finest (by no means is she prefect, she has flawed and can make mistakes). That's partly what drew Clark to her. He's an alien with superhuman abilities yet he feels like and outsider and she is an self-made mortal that goes above and beyond to uncover and tell the truth to the world through her reporting. She's a superwoman without Superpowers.

http://www.cbr.com/the-20-best-comic-book-couples/20/

By far, the most popular couple in comic book history is Superman and Lois Lane. She’s been an important part of the Superman mythos since their first appearances in “Action Comics” #1 in 1938. In work, Clark and Lois were rivals at the “Daily Planet,” but as Superman, he became Lane’s protector, always ready to leap in and rescue her.

The love triangle of Clark, Lois, and Superman has been a complex and ironic one. Over the years, she became increasingly attracted to Superman, ironically while sneering at the nerdy Clark Kent. The back and forth between the two has been a delight to fans for decades, even becoming the focus of the 1990s TV show, “Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.”

In the comics continuity, Lane eventually learned Superman’s secret identity. In “Superman” #50 (1990), Clark officially proposed and revealed himself as Superman. Despite Superman’s death in 1992, he came back to life and the two were officially married in 1996’s “Superman: The Wedding Album.” Their love story is part of what makes Superman great. She brings humanity to Superman, and he takes her places she’s never dreamed of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"