Wii: 650,000 Sold in Two Weeks

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
Wii: 650,000 Sold in Two Weeks
November numbers already on track to obliterate those from October as Nintendo's console continues to fly off shelves.
by Matt Casamassina

November 27, 2007 - Nintendo of America revealed on Tuesday that it had sold upward of 650,000 Wii consoles in the last two weeks -- a figure that accounts for only half of November sell-through and yet still surpasses October's final tally. According to the company, it moved 350,000 systems last week and 300,000 the week prior, which makes the period the second-best performer since the console launched.
Nintendo has ramped up Wii production to roughly 1.8 million units per month, but is still struggling to meet demand. The publisher will be unable to up production again any time soon, and as such NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime warned that consumers may have a difficult time finding the console this holiday.
Fils-Aime reportedly spent the weekend spot-checking Wii supply at various retailers, including Wal-Mart and Target.
"I couldn't find a single Wii system on the shelves - literally as I was walking into a Wal-Mart at 11 a.m., someone was walking out with the last one," Fils-Aime said. "Consumers are buying every game we can put into the system." Fils-Aime added that Wii's sales record could be broken the week before Christmas despite continued shortages. Nintendo is on track to sell 17.5 million Wii consoles globally through the end of March.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/838/838123p1.html
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1700ap_us_holiday_sales_wii.html

"They may be impossible to find now, but the hype will die down by next Spring. Then it'll be easy to find one. Same thing happened to the 360."
-Myself, back in December 2006

I was waaaay off.

This means nothing, the Wii is a fad! A fad I say! It's all been manufactured by Nintendo because they know the system isn't actually popular.

"They may be impossible to find now, but the hype will die down by next Spring. Then it'll be easy to find one. Same thing happened to the 360."
-Myself, back in December 2006

I was waaaay off.

well this is unheard of in the gaming industry... never before in my experience is a game system next to impossible to find after its first year of release

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"