Wii for only £149

Avalanche

Tremor
Reaction score
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html

-----------------------------------------

Wii: November 24 for £149?
UK trade magazine predicts Nintendo's launch plans.
by Alex Simmons

UK, September 8, 2006 - Nintendo will release the Wii in Europe by 24 November for £149, according to games industry trade magazine MCV. The paper also claims there will be enough consoles to cater for demand both at launch and during the busy Christmas period.

The news comes ahead of Nintendo's official European announcement, which is expected to made at a London event next Friday. If the Wii does indeed launch for £149, the console will be priced at £50 less than Microsoft's Core Xbox 360 bundle and a staggering £275 less than the predicted price of the PlayStation 3.

IGN will have correspondents at each of the global Wii conferences next week, so watch this space for official confirmations, plus fresh hands-on impressions of the Wii games scheduled for launch and beyond.

-------------------------------------------

Let me do a quick Pound to Dollar conversion in my mighty brain...

Yeah... Sounds about right.

I'm not sure how that will translate to other currencies. You have to remember, here in the UK, we get charged ridiculous amounts for consoles. The PS3 launches at something like £425 for the cheapest version. In US dollars that would be close to $800, which it clearly would never launch for over there.

Games consoles usually launch here at around £300, so the Wii is launching at half that price.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but the pound to dollar conversion is about 279? That doesn't sound right to me, at least not in the US. Remember, Nintendo said that they would launch for no more then 250.

At the moment £1 = $1.9, so it's more or less two dollars for every pound. That's not to say, however, that the Wii will go from being £149 to $300. Our consoles are just more expensive. Our standard console launch is £299, which is the equivalent of almost $600, which isn't a standard launch US price.

As for the minimum wage. It's £5.10 over here at the moment I believe, so around $9.40.

i'd hazard a guess of £200.

Rip off britain and what not.

so if min wage in uk is almost double that of US, the price for the system aint bad. It's actually cheaper for you than us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"