Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Will AOS actually give us a full CGI true form of Hive?

KINGTHANOS

Civilian
Reaction score
I was pissed when the cheaped out with the effects for Mr Hyde last season, opting to go with lame practical effects, and am hoping they don't do the same this season finale with Hive.

I know they showed a small glimpse of his true form from behind, but I'm worried that's all we'll get, and if we get something from them it will be a poor effort.

It's just disappointing when you watch what Flash can do with their budget with King Shark, Tar Pit, etc and then AOS gives us practical effects Hyde and Lash.

If we DO see his true form, in all its glory, what chances do we have of it reaching this potential?

TheHive-322x350.jpg

I don't think we'll get more. It'll be a lot of money for something that probably won't look very good anyway.

In “Paradise Lost” we got to see a little bit of Hive's true form, though we only saw it from behind him. Is there any possibility of seeing you more fully transformed into Hive's true form?

Brett Dalton: It won't be the last you see of Hive's true self, yeah. That being said, every episode I'm not going to be like popping out and drinking coffee with the tentacles. Although that really would be cool because the tentacles could hold the coffee cup and I would still have both my hands. That would be pretty cool. I'm going to talk to the writers about maybe putting a scene in there. You know, sometimes you need a scene like that. Don't you? You're watching a show and you're like ... just a scene where nobody does anything, just drink coffee. Maybe that's a good thing, you know? Action, action, action, and then Hive drinks coffee using his tentacle ... head.
http://comicbook.com/2016/04/19/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-s-brett-dalton-wants-hive-to-be-like-meryl/

They just have to do the head, he wears clothes in the comics too:
1184698-866367_thronemaster004.jpg

Last edited:
No, I think what we see is what we're getting. AoS tends to get overly ambitious with their CGI. They just don't have the budget for it, so even if they tried something like that, I don't think it would look all that great.

No, I think what we see is what we're getting. AoS tends to get overly ambitious with their CGI. They just don't have the budget for it, so even if they tried something like that, I don't think it would look all that great.
Brett Dalton said that we will see it again.

Lash's cgi transformation, they did once, was good:
[YT]watch?v=bNae8jNa3wk[/YT]

They could have at least made him brownish like the comics and a bit more grotesque. Question is, Was it a practical mask mixed with a little cgi or all completely cgi?

I liked it. I was worried he would like like Davey Jones, but he didn't. So it's cool.

I felt like I was watching an 80's horror movie with all those alien looking things running around. :funny:

They could have at least made him brownish like the comics and a bit more grotesque. Question is, Was it a practical mask mixed with a little cgi or all completely cgi?

Eh, it's not like his comic design is that iconic or grotesque, really? And I'd bet that it is a cgi/practical mix. The jaw/mouth area in particular looks like it had practical elements.

The fact that you can't tell means the CGI was well done.

They made him purple in this version because the MCU HIVE inspired the Hydra logo.

Disappointed it was only there for that short scene and just as quickly it was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"