Reaction score
Since it looks like Phase 3 is going to be

Ant Man
Cap 3
Doctor Strange
Thor 3
Hulk 2
Avengers: The Infinity Gauntlet

Black Widow should presumably be doing something during this time and since she and Daredevil have been so closely intertwined - starting as partners and then after Karen Page's death, lovers - it would feel awkward for her to not have more than just a small cameo. I mean, Scarlet Johansson is popular and making her part of Daredevil's supporting cast would easily gain viewers for that alone. Plus it's a good way to keep Widow in the MCU during this time.

For Season 1, I'd just have her be a sidekick who has her own agenda. Elektra would be the love interest early on but dies at the end of the season. During Season 2, Tasha and Matt trust each other enough to work alongside each other as equals while Matt is now dating Karen Page. Season 3 will start with Karen Page dying and Matt and Widow become an item.

It would be costly but Marvel is swimming in ungodly amounts of money right now and considering that BW presumably won't get her own film until Phase 4 and Feige has stated that he'd rather do Captain Marvel before Black Widow this is really the best direction to take the character.

Would be cool to see. I wonder how she feels about doing Tv work.

I thought about that (since I'm reading Frank Miller's original run right now), but I suspect the answer is no, she will not appear. There's already too many things to squeeze into Daredevil without trying to give her a fair amount of screentime.

Also, what exactly would she contribute to the story? She's not a street level crime fighter, she doesn't run in ninja circles, and she doesn't even live in New York particularly. Even in the comics, her only connection to Daredevil is from her "female superheroes must be the love interest of someone" days.

Hulk 2? Really? A sequel to the least popular Marvel CBM because Ruffalo was liked in Avengers?

Hulk 2? Really? A sequel to the least popular Marvel CBM because Ruffalo was liked in Avengers?

I don't see why not. Remember, the Hulk is a pop culture icon, in a way most of the other Avengers had to earn with recent movies. Sure, his recent outings have been pretty mediocre, but that doesn't destroy the potential.

Now, a John Carter scale disaster? That *would* torpedo him for the foreseeable, which is why I don't see Planet Hulk happening.

Wait I thought this show was supposed to take place in the 70s.

I thought that they said the four Netflix shows would cover a different decade and time than the rest of the MCU - the 1970s. Unless the article/PR announcement was talking about the time period in which it was published as opposed to the setting for the series?

I can't find anything when searching for that. I've heard that Agent Carter might have a different decade per season (depending on how many seasons it gets), but I haven't heard anything about these. The only thing I've seen is that the show will fit into the MCU. To me, that's easiest done in the modern era when everything else exists so you can explicitly name-drop other things. But we'll have to wait and see.

That being said, there is merit to making it historic. Daredevil's New York City is really the New York City of the past. Hell's Kitchen today is actually a kinda nice place. Same with Time Square (Frank Miller described Time Square as a much of billboards and a bunch of hookers). I think it would be a mistake to use the Hell's Kitchen today as a model for Hell's Kitchen (although I think Times Square will be Times Square). The show would fit something set in the 70s or 80s.

However, logistically, that would be a huge pain. The show's already probably going to stretch its budget. And, just as the modern New York won't entirely fit the tone of the comic, you can't film modern New York and pretend its the 1970s. If they're going to make it a period piece, they shouldn't film it in the modern city.

I think people have been confusing a different tone and style with a different setting. The only show that is actually stated to occur in a different era is Agent Carter.

I hope she appears. It could work. Maybe they were lovers back in the day and she goes to him for help or they team up to track down a villain that is under SHIELD's radar too. Its plenty of possibilities in my opinion.

Scarlett Johansson will either be very pregnant or she'll have a very young baby while this films, so I doubt Black Widow will be in it.

Maybe a nice way to introduce Yelena Belova.

Yelena Belova has no ties to Matt Murdock. I assume the question was because Romanoff was his girlfriend for some time in the Daredevil comics.

She has no ties yet. This is tv/movie verse I wouldn't have a problem with her being introduced in the right context.

Scarlett Johansson will either be very pregnant or she'll have a very young baby while this films, so I doubt Black Widow will be in it.

Maybe they will recast for the tv-series?

Also, would anyone want to see her wear her grey suit?:

ou5abs.jpg

Last edited:
All of the upcoming live action shows will be in the MCU?

ScarJo's BW doesn't seem like she would really fit with DD. She is almost a different character. Still, it would be nice if she did appear.

Now if Black Panther had already been established in the MCU, he could've shown up too. DD has teamed up with him before. Of course, that was to battle Mind Master.

Jim Starlin posted link to a story on Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet. Very exciting news.

I don't think she will. Plus there's no need if the story has elektra and hopefully some other cool female characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"