Will fans ever allow Nightwing to surpass Batman?

I have not been on the Hype for probably years now, but now that Grayson is Batman (or A Batman, anyway), this thread needs a total BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fine with Dick Grayson being Batman for now, but I want him to get a new identity when Batman Incorporated is over.

Either that, or rebuild Bludhaven and let him be the Batman there.

I hope Nightwing becomes more popular than Batman. Grant Morrison made a great Batman out of Richard (I can't spell his name short without laughing), better than his Bruce stories

Bruce Wayne is the BATMAN. Anything else is legacy. And that's a'right. But there's only one man who knows just why and what the BATMAN really is about: Bruce Wayne. He's the child who saw his parents murdered before his eyes on a dark alley and decided to become vengeance; to become the night ("I am the night"). He's the force behind the myth. We fans know that, we feel that. So, I'd say, fans will never allow anyone to take over the mantle for too long. Because Bruce Wayne is the BATMAN. That's common knowledge, right? XD

Nope. Grayson isn't dark or angry enough to be the Batman for too long.
Batman became a one line shooter since Robin joined, and the stories of Bruce that aren't involved with Jason Todd after his death, and TKJ had notable humor

I think the fact that his run as Batman has been prolonged beyond it's initial expiration point due to the positive feedback is enough of an indicator that many fans are open to Dick surpassing Bruce. IMHO he already does every month in Detective Comics, Batman & Robin and now Gates of Gotham.

From the dynamic he has with Gordon and how it differs from the Gordon/Bruce dynamic. To his relationship with his Robin & the way he manages to scream BATMAN without being a cabon copy. It's just been much more interesting to read than Bruce's current adventures. Not that I have disliked Inc. but it isn't as fresh to me as the books with Dick as Batman have been.

Personally, I prefer Bruce Wayne as Batman, but Dick Grayson isn't too bad. I just wish that Bruce would return to Gotham, and he could take either Detective Comics or Batman, and then Dick could take the other.

Dick's got a fourth Batman book? :funny:

Well it's a mini series but yeah lol

Richard Grayson Batman has caught on. Though it's more of a Batman & friends ordeal. A Batman Inc. type of followup with Red Robin and Cassie CAIN!!! (Blackbat) and Damian.

I absolutely love Dick as batman. As a lifelong Batman fan I've loved seeing the evolution of Dick as a character. He's probably my favorite character behind Cyclops and Spidey. I'm going to be pissed if this "reboot" ruins detective comics :mad:

Snyder has gone on record saying that it DOESN'T. People are taking this reboot thing too literally. DC has been doing this **** for decades now. Some old elements will be kept and new ones introduced but it's not a case of "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW WILL BE UNDONE" either.

Cain do you dare to check the Comic book forum? The amount of chaos there is entertainment at it's finest. :p

Cain do you dare to check the Comic book forum? The amount of chaos there is entertainment at it's finest. :p

Nah I wouldn't bother if they didn't get it from the official announcement my trying to break it down will just lose them further lol

I've been witnessing this type of **** since Legends, all throughout Zero Hour and through Infinite Crisis. By now this type of crap doesn't surprise me. Just keep publishing the titles I do read with creative teams that make an effort and I'm ok with it. It's business and I understand why they're doing it. I frankly don't think it will lock in new readers though even if it'll be easier for the cross promotion with other media but best of luck to them.

I think dick can pass up bruce. Dick has been there just as long as bruce has so and now he's going to be there more so.

I say, I wish they gave him blue instead of red
I agree, right now there are far too many red costumed heroes in the Bat Family, and the blue really fit him. I suppose it's just their new take to try to make him more aggressive.

I guess we'll see how it works out, but I'm definitely with you. I'm just excited he's returning as Nightwing. I like him and Batman pretty much equally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"