Nightwing Guest Spots

The Techno Bat

Sidekick
Reaction score
I don't collect Nightwing, but my brother does. And he tells me how kick @$$ he is. Now I like original Boy Wonder alot, but I feel as though he doesn't get enough respect whenever he guest spots in Batman or Detective, and I was wondering if anybody else feels the same way?

What I mean or I am getting at is I feel as though he always gets beat down or isn't allowed to showcase what he is really capable of. Nightwing is supposed to be the second coming of Batman, but he seems to always get shot or suffers some sort of broken bone. And they always (IMO) put Tim on the same level as Dick and that is just a bunch of B.S. and it needs to change.

They always say that Tim isn't anywhere near Dick in acrobats and fighting and such, but that he'll be a better Detective than Batman eventually.

I like Nightwing, but if he's in other stories it's too easy to injure him in order to provoke a reaction from Batman. Much like in Under The Hood, it set up the final confrontation when they destroyed Bludhaven.

He's also used in Batman and Detective as a way of verbalizing Batman's internal thoughts. In Hush he talks about the struggle between Batman liking Catwoman.

He's a sort of moral compass...

They always say that Tim isn't anywhere near Dick in acrobats and fighting and such, but that he'll be a better Detective than Batman eventually.

I like Nightwing, but if he's in other stories it's too easy to injure him in order to provoke a reaction from Batman. Much like in Under The Hood, it set up the final confrontation when they destroyed Bludhaven.

He's also used in Batman and Detective as a way of verbalizing Batman's internal thoughts. In Hush he talks about the struggle between Batman liking Catwoman.

He's a sort of moral compass...

Great points and I agree totally with the moral compass scenerio

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"