Will Smith producing THE LONG RUN for Columbia!

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36108

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. If you're a Stephen King freak like I am, you did a double take when you saw the title THE LONG RUN. It has nothing to do with the Bachman book THE LONG WALK, but it does sound pretty interesting.

It's all about a journalist who befriends a charismatic death row inmate and, convinced he was wrongly convicted, works to exonerate him for his crimes. After freed, the ex-inmate is recruited to run for elected office and the journalist leaves his job to help run the campaign... and then begins to doubt the innocence of the man he helped to free.

Playwrite Stephen Belber wrote the script that was quickly snapped up for a ton of money (seven figures) by Columbia and Will Smith's Overbrook came on to produce. No word on whether or not Smith is considering one of the lead roles. Sounds like a little twisted work. What do you folks think?

I really hope Will jumps on one of the 2 lead roles, preferably the death rod character.

Same here, that would be the better character for him I think.....I could see him in the role of the Death Row inmate and someone like RDJ or Ethan Hawke as the journalist....I'd love to see that.

This struck me as perhaps the project Smith and Cruise could make together as they have been looking for one.

This struck me as perhaps the project Smith and Cruise could make together as they have been looking for one.

That would be awesome if they teamed for this.....Michael Mann directing:yay:

Smith seems to be snapping up quite a few good projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"