will there be an actual space adventure?

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
will there be an actual space adventure, on another planet, in another dimension, some type of exploration based plot? I hope so. this has been missing from previous film plots.

I don't know, It could be too early for that since this is the 1st film of the rebooted series. They might have to stay in Earth and deal with their powers.

I know the FF got their powers in space, but not that many of their adventures took place off the Earth, did they?

I hope Fox does not pull an Amazing Spider-Man on us and waste over half of this movie on a pointless retelling of their origin. While Spidey can recover from such a mistake I do not know if the FF can.

I know the FF got their powers in space, but not that many of their adventures took place off the Earth, did they?

Um. . . the Fantastic Four probably spend more time off-world than anyone but the Silver Surfer.

Um. . . the Fantastic Four probably spend more time off-world than anyone but the Silver Surfer.

I guess it just depends upon the which issues you are referring to - or what decades, etc.

When you look at their first 100 issues - those that really defined the book - they were in orbit in #6,
on planet x in #7,
the moon in #13,
the micro-world in #16 [but still on earth],
the Skrull planet in #37,
the Negative Zone in #51 and #62,
the micro-verse for a few issues in the 70s [again, still on earth],
a Skrull planet for a few issues in the 90s,
and the Negative Zone for annual #6.

So that's about 15 % of the first 100 issues - not really "most" of their adventures.

Again, I guess it changes depending upon the creative team, etc.

If it's a good story, I'm all for it...

I hope curiosity and exploration will be major themes of the reboot.

I don't know, It could be too early for that since this is the 1st film of the rebooted series. They might have to stay in Earth and deal with their powers.
They could make it something like Planet of the Apes (classic), they leave for a space expedition, an indecent occurs
Instead of going way into the future where another species dominate the Earth, they might reach their destination, and either on their way there, or on the planet they reach, Ben shows his famous physical changes

They could make it something like Planet of the Apes (classic), they leave for a space expedition, an indecent occurs
Instead of going way into the future where another species dominate the Earth, they might reach their destination, and either on their way there, or on the planet they reach, Ben shows his famous physical changes

Pretty much what I hope for. Instead of having "origin, then adventure," have the origin be *on* an adventure. They fly into space *to somewhere*, and get zapped along the way, and have to adapt to their new cosmic mutations while doing whatever they were originally trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"