Will We See The First Hints Of The Fox Marvel Characters In Far From Home?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
Ever since the Fox deal was announced It had been speculated for a while that Endgame could be the the first time we see the Mutants or the Fantastic Four in Endgame but that was never going to be possible seeing as there was little time between the deal closing and the movie being done in post-production for that to ever be a possibility. Endgame pretty much locked by the time the deal officially closed so I wasn't surprised to see there wasn't anything at all in Endgame. And even if the deal closed early enough to make it logistically possible for Marvel to throw in a nod to them I wouldn't want Marvel to rush something last minute just to reference something they just got the rights back to. Especially since Endgame was basically a cinematic equivalent to a television series finale, and it serves as an end to over a decade of storytelling. So it wouldn't have been appropriate to include nods to the future when that movie was specifically about closing the book to the an era of the MCU dubbed the "Infinity Saga".

But Far From Home is a different story altogether. Even though its apparently the last movie of Phase 3 its actually the start of a new era with it being first movie set in the status quo Endgame leaves the MCU at. Far From Home in many ways is the bridge between the old era of the MCU and the new era of the MCU to come. It will deal with the fallout of Endgame but I think its safe to say it will also do some world-building to the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Unlike Endgame, Far From Home isn’t an end to the MCU as we know it but the start of the MCU as we’ve never known it before: This is an MCU where millions died then came back, an MCU in which Iron Man and Captain America will not be factors going forward, and Avengers as we know it essentially gone and now with the possible introduction of the Multiverse...it seems the Marvel Cinematic Universe is entering uncharted territory and that’s bold and exciting. So with so much uncharted territory I don’t think a mention of some of the recently acquired rights to the formerly Fox-licensed characters is impossible. In fact I think it’s very likely.

Look I'm not really hoping for something major like Wolverine to show up in the flesh since frankly those are big roles that usually takes weeks if not months to cast but I at least can realistically hope for Marvel to include something as paltry as a throwaway reference to those characters in some form or fashion. For example, You can have a news report on tv about a recent insurrection staged by a Latverian Prince. Or the first ever namedrop of Dr. Reed Richards or Charles Xavier in the MCU akin to how Stephen Strange was name-dropped in Winter Soldier two years before his movie came out. Heck, you can probably still have Ryan Reynolds show up for a short cameo as Deadpool. What do you guys think?

My guess is no.

I know that's the boring option lol but honestly I think the bulk of FFH was probably completed by the time the Fox acquisition was finalized.

Deadpool is likely to be the first crossover character since he doesn't exactly conform to continuity and he's already on the payroll. I thought we might get Mr. Pool in an Endgame post credit scene, but we may not see him until plans are solidified for his next appearance in either X-Force or DP3.

Oh, I see. So starting with Endgame, are we going to do a thread like this with each subsequent MCU film?
Well, yes probably :D

My guess is that until the MCU releases something with an Easter Egg. Be it in a movie, Disney + post credit or One Shot on YouTube the speculation will be a mainstay. And even then the questions will still be put up until one of the place holder release dates gets linked to the Fantastic Four or X-Men

No. The movie was being done and produced before the Marvel/Fox deal was completed.

They did do reshoots just recently tho. Also if the multiverse is real i wouldnt be surprised if we got a tease of "other super powered beings" or something vague along those lines.

They did do reshoots just recently tho. Also if the multiverse is real i wouldnt be surprised if we got a tease of "other super powered beings" or something vague along those lines.

Speculating like this is dangerous.

Ideally, FFH would be the perfect moment to start mentioning and addressing the existence of mutants. That 5 year gap is fetile ground to explain mutants, since we don't know much what happened in that time.

But, as the Endgame writers said, they can't reboot a franchise that hasn't ended yet. Dark Phoenix will be released this year, and god knows when New Mutants will be. I'm sure they can't bring up the X-Men or specific characters. The only question I have is if they can (or they're willing to) start using the word "mutant". But the answer is probably "no".

Now when it comes to FF, I don't see why they can't add any easter egg or hints. I'm not sure if they will, but they definitely can without any problem.

Besides the timing issues, I'd be stunned if they made their debut in a Sony movie instead of a Disney one. It doesn't make sense for either studio.

Besides the timing issues, I'd be stunned if they made their debut in a Sony movie instead of a Disney one. It doesn't make sense for either studio.

Marvel studios still produces the spidey movies.

Minor Fake Spoiler Alert:
At the end of Far From Home, Peter Parker gaining the power of Captain Universe bestows upon the Elementals that 1 is to be Iceman and the other Firestar. Spiderman And Friends will round out the trilogy. End Spoiler Alert.

Nope. They are already featuring Happy/Nick/Maria and referencing other Marvel characters, and that should be enough for a Spider-Man film.

I vote ‘no’ but it would be cool and easy to have an after-credits scene with a teacher introducing new student - Johnny Storm.

And they wouldn’t have to show his face if they want to keep casting options open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"