the Possibilities of House of M (MCU/X-Men) Crossover

TheWebbedDevil

Herald of Galactus
Reaction score
So I just had this in my mind for a while

After reading through a post on the thread about the Fantastic Four being given back to Marvel in some capacity, one person brought up the idea of the Fox X-Men Universe and the Marvel Cinematic universe potentially crossing over and combining into one singular Marvel Cinematic Universe via a two-part House of M crossover film.

As I know there are most likely a lot of you who would be in support of such a universe changing Marvel Event film involving this particular story line, like me. since this seems like the most possible story line they would do to add Mutants, Mutant teams (X-Men/X-Force/X-Factor/New Mutants), Brotherhood of Mutants/Hellfire club, Trask Industries, various X-Men related Alien races such as the Shi'ar and the Starjammers along with Deadpool into the MCU. knowing Fox has plans for the X-Men and this is the most likely way they'll add the X-Men into the MCU and Given the Fantastic Four join the MCU before this happens.

If this were to happen, would this be an Avengers film or an X-Men film?

Also, what are the chances of this happening in the Future upcoming years to come now that Marvel Television (The People responsible for the MCU TV Shows and Netflix series) and Fox Studios/TV have both come to a deal where Mutants can have their own TV Shows (Hellfire/Legion) with the FF rights possibly being given to Marvel (Studios and TV) in return?

It's best if those franchises stay separate. Marvel has already introduced the Inhumans in the McU. It'll just make the X-Men look redundant IMO. Would it be a dream to see Wolverine, Deadpool etc interacting with Stark, Cap? Yep absolutely but that just about it.

And isn't House of M where Wanda went completely insane? I didnt like that arc and it turned her into such a HUGE deus ex machina.An example of writers making up her powers as they go. Never want to see it adapted into live action. Bleh.

I don't see the X-Men joining the MCU in a loooooong time. The FF on the other hand?:sly:;)

I think the only real way the current universes could crossover is through some kind of parallel/alternate universe story. That being said, House of M would be kind of difficult to work right now - at least in any sense meaningfully similar to the comic story.

Couldn't they make it in a way where Wanda Maximoff causes there to be "No more Inhumans" instead of "No more Mutants" in the MCU so that this could seamlessly lead into all Mutants replacing Inhumans in the MCU in a very believable way though?

I don't like Wanda's character in House of M, and if X-Men characters were to be introduced into the MCU, I wouldn't want them to use the Fox X-Men universe to do it. Fox's X-Men movies are often a lot of fun, but as a universe it's a mess. I also wouldn't want Marvel to be restricted to what has been done by Fox. I agree it would be hard to introduce the X-Men into the MCU as it is, but I think it can be done. You can have a few mutants exist that went (mostly) unnoticed (maybe Chan Ho Yin was one?), and then a sort of "mutant boom" will happen where a lot of mutants start getting their powers. Start with only a few characters like a selection of Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Havok, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee, Sunfire, Polaris and Magneto. Then later introduce more of them. But Marvel's not getting the X-Men anytime soon anyway.

The problem in the MCU at least is that Quicksilver is "dead" and no Magneto. I guess Wanda could reshape the world, but why would she change it so that enhanced/inhumans rule the world? And who would take Magneto's spot?

I don't see Fox introducing Wanda anytime soon, but I suppose Fox could do a House of M movie without the Avengers characters. Could be a perfect way to introduce a newly cast Wolverine, throw in Deadpool (maybe he's like Carol Danvers and is the most popular hero in the world), Jean takes the place of Emma and also just have her read Logan's mind to find out about the real reality. I never understood why they couldn't have Emma do that when she read Logan's mind, instead of introducing Layla Miller.

What I mean is have both Marvel Studios and Fox studios do it together as a crossover between the MCU and Foxverse so that the X-Men could exist in the MCU. Just have MCU Scarlet Witch reshape the world and meet the Foxverse Magneto and his family while killing off the Foxverse Quicksilver and somehow reviving the MCU quicksilver and end the movie off with "No More Inhumans" so that Mutants would then Dominate the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"