Win $25 for a sketch

MysticMorgan

Reaction score
I figure everyone could use $25 in their pockets for a sketch they would have done just to amuse themselves. At GraphicMouse They have a Mega Draw/Off contest for pencil sketches with a prize of a $25 Wal-Mart gift card. It sounds like fun, create a comical superhero. Just thought if anyone is interested they should check it out. Plus it's another place to show off your art.:)

Is there anyone at all interested in this contest? Show off your mad drawing skills, possibly win $25 for a few minutes worth of your time. How can you lose? I know there are tons of talented people here, I would love to see some funny, original ideas...oh, well.

Thanks for posting, I'll have to check it out.

Now that it's off the 18+ site I can get in on it. Cool.:up:

That's right, GraphicMouse is open to all ages, so if you were to young to get into the contest before, now is your oportunity to enter. And like I said, 25 bucks...come on gang, I guess you all are rich and don't need the money? lol.

Force95B said:
That's right, GraphicMouse is open to all ages, so if you were to young to get into the contest before, now is your oportunity to enter. And like I said, 25 bucks...come on gang, I guess you all are rich and don't need the money? lol.

Well, 25 dollars isn't that much... and it isn't for certain you will win anything.

With all due respect Geo, of all the sites that I've been to that have contests, none have offered a cash prize. Most of the time it's a pat on the back, a custom avatar or rank. I'm sorry you feel that $25 isn't that much, but for a small time site such as mine that is only 2 weeks old, that is alot. I couldn't afford to put up that prize, so one of our members put up the prize money and will do so once a month...that's 300 bucks a year. Do you have that kind of money to put up?

As far as guarantees, most things in life isn't guaranteed. One thing I can guarantee you and anyone else, if you don't enter and don't try...you most certainly will NOT win. Just some food for thought.

Besides, the draw/off isn't about winning, it's about artists coming together and challenging themselves to do things maybe they wouldn't normally do. For example, perhaps some guy only draws pinups, can't draw a background to save his life. Kinda like me. lol. So maybe one of the contest themes calls for a fight scene, with Superman hitting Abomination through a skyscraper. This is the challenge, for that person to go outside his comfort zone and try drawing something different. Not only that, but if 10 people enter, you get 10 different takes on that scene. That's what's cool for me. I love seeing different takes on a different theme.

So enough with the preaching and teaching, what do you got to lose Geo? I gave 3 weeks for this particular contest, enough time to make a drawing. I know people have lives and are busy...but yet so do the pros. If art is all about the money for you Geo than that's cool, it's just not me. So if you are interested, go for it. I would love to see your work. If you aren't interested, no worries, you could still post your work at GM.

I have nothing to do with this contest but I thought it would be nice for some people that don't have tons of money in their pockets (Well, 25 dollars isn't that much) I know $25 to me to Wal-Mart is well worth a simple sketch that I do just to pass the time. Other sites give away things like Avatars or Ranks or even here a chance to be on the front page and that is fine and is good enough for some to join in. But $25 gift card is something alot young and old artist alike can actually use. And besides when you enter any contest there is no guarantee that you will win but someone will! Here at SHH or at GM or C2F you can't win unless you try. So I hate to see people post comments that discourage others to participate in any contest on any site

Hell, I'll join. MysticMorgan is right: $25 at Wal-Mart goes a long way, especially for a sketch that you can whip out in an hour or two. That's what made forums such as Drawstick so great: the prize was just right to entice people to come up with inspired works of art without worrying about the stakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"