Superman Returns With SUPERMAN RETURNS approaching, is anyone writing a Superman script?

DavidTyler said:
I like your take on Jimmy a lot. This is how He SHOULD be written. He's boring if you just make him another adult. My concept of Jimmy would make him a skateboarder with an Ipod going all the time. He would have great computer skills and border on being a Hacker. And, though some people here hated it, I liked it a lot on L&C when Jimmy would call Clark 'CK'. It's what a kid like that would do. He'd have his own names for everyone. That would be right in line with why he would call Perry 'Chief'.

Oh, and the Bow Tie would definitely HAVE TO GO!

When Jimmy was created back in the 40's, bow ties were common to teenagers. It isn't anymore and is just a cliche now. The Geek band t-shirts are a perfect touch. Maybe even have him wear it over a long sleeve T. He'd wear Luggs instead of shoes. He'd have a state of the art digital camera around his neck most of the time.
I agree. This is why comic books went out of fashion, they didn't change with the times. Contrary to popular fan belief, not all change means a ruination of the character, Jimmy can still be Jimmy whether he is a 40's kid or a 00's kid.

I see absolutely no reason to change Olsen so dramatically. Why go "extreme" with him just because it's 2006? I for one, am tired of seeing Jimmy Olsen portrayed as just a goof, or a geek. Yes, he's a bit goofy, and a bit geeky, but I prefer the Jimmy Olsen who has his own inner confidence, who can be a source of emotional support to various characters. Most writers seem to have forgotten about Jimmy being "Superman's pal" in favor of him being comic relief. I have heard that he has some nice moments in SUPERMAN RETURNS, though, and am really looking forward to seeing a human Jimmy Olsen.

Hey
I've had an idea lately about a Superman "One Off" or storyline involving a more sinister side to The Man Of Steel. More like a Batman comic with some more dark overtones and darker artwork. It's probably been overdone. Also its one of those things which I'm a bit hesitant to do due to the conventional "lighter images" of most Superman comics. I know as a fan, that many people would look the other way at or even disapprove of a storyline like this. Any thoughts?
Brademiester

I'm writing a Batman/Superman script. The story follows the continuity of both "Batman Begins" and "Superman Returns".

Can someone give me a link to other existing scripts? Like the Alex Ford...etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"