Woman wants easter cards pulled from stores

Did anyone consider that Abercrombie and Fitch only does things like that as a publicity stunt?

Abercrombie and Fitch always does something crazy to draw in customers.

Sarge 2.0 said:
Actually the shirt was "Wong brothers Laundromat: Two Wongs make it White!"

Call me racially insensitive, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I don't see anything wrong with that either. :)

Jesus, someone certainly has sand in their vagina. It's a bunny on a card. He has typical bunny features. How the hell is that racist?

Easter comes from a pagan holiday, celebrating a goddess of spring, Eostre. She had a pet rabbit that would lay brightly colored eggs to amuse children.

I doubt that that lady has done her research enough to KNOW this, but meh. I suppose if seen that way, some Right Jesus Krispies might freak out.
But then, think about all the pagan holiday stuff thats in our sacred christmas celebrations....and not just the Santa stuff.

But really, the Holy Roman Empire was once the Roman Empire, and still maintained the habit of absorbing local festivals and changing them to fit their religion. Works great with recruiting the locals...

"Then when you open the card up, it says 'Hoppy Easter,' which is another derogatory phrase," said Low.

HOW IN THE HOLY NAME OF F*** IS THAT "DEROGATORY"?! IT'S A VERY CLICHE PUN......BUNNIES "HOP"/"HOPPY EASTER..........THAT'S ALL IT F***ING MEANS! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SHOOT THIS IGNORANT B**CH IN THE HEAD, AND FEED HER STUPID ASS TO A BUNCH OF RABID BUNNIES. :down:rolleyes:

While I think she's losing some credibility on the "hoppy easter" thing, her points are valid, so far as she's true to her own perspective.

I do think, however, she gives her fellow Americans too little credit if she believes this caricature influences our perceptions of real Chinese and Japanese persons whatsoever.

Honey Vibe said:
While I think she's losing some credibility on the "hoppy easter" thing, her points are valid, so far as she's true to her own perspective.

I do think, however, she gives her fellow Americans too little credit if she believes this caricature influences our perceptions of real Chinese and Japanese persons whatsoever.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Honey!!

wow, I wonder if anything poking fun at asians makes you mad
watch out Ms Swan
swan0li.jpg

WADDAP, Z!
Good point Carter. Every now and again, you DO have your moments :up:

blueyedgypsy said:
Easter comes from a pagan holiday, celebrating a goddess of spring, Eostre. She had a pet rabbit that would lay brightly colored eggs to amuse children.

I doubt that that lady has done her research enough to KNOW this, but meh. I suppose if seen that way, some Right Jesus Krispies might freak out.
But then, think about all the pagan holiday stuff thats in our sacred christmas celebrations....and not just the Santa stuff.

But really, the Holy Roman Empire was once the Roman Empire, and still maintained the habit of absorbing local festivals and changing them to fit their religion. Works great with recruiting the locals...

*I* want a pet rabbit that lays colored eggs to help me celebrate Zombie Jesus Day. :(

jag

jaguarr said:
*I* want a pet rabbit that lays colored eggs to help me celebrate Zombie Jesus Day. :(

jag

He wants your miiiiiiiiiiiiind! Sooooouls! Soooooooooooouls!

that woman lives in San Diego.. she doesn't count.

The Lizard said:
rooneytiffanys9fj.jpg

"Missuh Gorightry, I mussa plotest!"

The only bad thing about the movie. :(

blueyedgypsy said:

I'm amused by the fact that whenever someone brings up Christmas or Easter on these boards someone else predictibly pops in and says "You know, those crazy Christians were just ripping off pagan traditions -- is your mind blown now?"

The Lizard said:
I'm amused by the fact that whenever someone brings up Christmas or Easter on these boards someone else predictibly pops in and says "You know, those crazy Christians were just ripping off pagan traditions -- is your mind blown now?"
:O Well, it seemed appropriate. Many of the extreme christian rightists that I know sort of hold up christmas as the "pure" holiday if you take out santa.

I'm glad I amuse SOMEBODY.

Honey Vibe said:
Pretty much my take on this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"