Worst Movie You Watched on Opening Day

the medallion... nuff said

Robot Komakino said:
star wars episode 3

Definatly.

Man, I was so excited. I had seats reserved at a midnight showing. What a bummer.

biggles2000uk said:
alien vs predator.

Apparently Anderson (director, not the best in the world) wasn't even told that the film was meant to be PG 13 until he started editing. He filmed it thinking it was to be R rated.

Its a joke to take a franchise that has been R rated through out and think you can make it for teen audiences.

I really do hope the Scott/cameron project kicks off soon. They consider alien vs predator non canon.

I case your wondering, the rumored project for alien 5 has Cameron/scott producing, Cameron/scott co-writting and scott directing. Also it has been rumored that they'll only do it with Weaver involved. The story is meant to feature an alien outbreak on a blade runner esque future world.

Sorry, i don't know any sources for this, i read it in empire magazine a while back.

Cameron was thinking about coming back, but decided not to once AvP was put into production.

As for AvP's R rating... that's all rubbish. Anderson, at best, was aiming for a hard PG-13 rating. There was very little not included in the movie, and he only used the missing content bit as an excuse for why his movie was so poor.

Let's be honest though, the script for that movie was finished (at least 1st draft) around 1997, only brushed up and then filmed. It had been reported by several sources that they were waiting for a "weak" summer line up, because they knew it wasn't a strong movie.

My problem is, if the studio thinks it's such crap that it won't be competative, why even release it?

There's so much more I could rant about with this movie, being the fan of the comic series that I was....not that it would do good.

It's the spelling. I rather enjoyed Catwoman, absolutely craptacular story but Halle and Sharon...that's why its in my DVD rack, plus it's harmless, mindless, stupid fun.

And in response to the thread title: I won't say it was terrible per se but it was a butchering of the cartoon, no matter how much I like it: Scooby-Doo.

Daphne...learning karate...W...T...F...

Cryostar1177 said:
You saying that catwoman was good?

Pretty much the opposite. Everyone knew it was going to be horrible, and that it it was an affront to any respectable fan of the medium we call comics. Why would you even bother? :mad:

That, and the atrocious spelling. :o

I'm glad to say that I've never had the opportunity to view Scooby Doo...my daughter is a huge Doo fan, but only of the cartoons, she wants nothing to do with the movie.....she's got good taste.

They are okay, but they don't have the charm of the original show, before Crappy-Doo came in. But I highly suggest your daughter watches the first one, just to see that
Scrappy is the villain behind it all!
rofl

Kevin Roegele said:
Whoooaa.....you win, hands down. Van Helsing is possibly the most idiotic, shallow, self-indulgent waste of time and talent (not the director - Jackman and Beckinsale) I have seen. I hate it! I HATE IT!

Ever seen Matrix Revolutions?

Oh I so didn't need to know that about Scooby Doo...ruined my childhood it did.....damn them!

Darkness...as in the Anna Paquin could have been cool, but made for a 12 year old scary movie?

My friend forced me into seein' th' first Scooby-Doo...I hated th' cartoon but th' movie made them look good.

Fer a chick who was such a fox in th' toon, they sure picked a god-awful ugly actress to play Daphne in th' flicks. Gellar=overrated.

Ultraviolet

Just terrible
The commercials were so good

'Doom' sucked pretty bad, but not the way 'Van Helsing' did! I was brainwashed and I know better now...No wait, last summer I still watched FF, and then tried to tell myself it wasn't so bad:(

Was V really that bad? It seemed to fade pretty quickly.

I had a tough time dealing with Ultraviolets horrid CG in the motorcycle chase....it looked so play station'ish (not PS2, PS).

Cryostar1177 said:
Was V really that bad? It seemed to fade pretty quickly.

I had a tough time dealing with Ultraviolets horrid CG in the motorcycle chase....it looked so play station'ish (not PS2, PS).

No, it wasn't. I hate changes as much as the next person, but i felt like this was a FLAWLESS transition!! I've highly recommended it to all of my friends. Everybody didn't raise this big a stink when they screwed up some of the x-men characters...it's the same difference only completely different:confused:

Prognosticator said:
It's not a guarantee that you saw the same commercials with the same movie.

It would be the same footage, more or less. Commercials aren't going to differ that drastically from one another for the same movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"