Age of Extinction Would Marc Webb make a good Transformers reboot director?

OP84CC82

Civilian
Reaction score
The Amazing Spider-Man is one of my most anticipated films of next year, and I owe it all to it's director, Marc Webb. Now for a director who's done mainly music videos for most of his career, I think he'll do a spectacular job at capturing Peter Parker's emotions as he did with Tom Hansen, the main character of his directorial debut, (500) Days of Summer. But it got me thinking, could someone like Marc Webb who hasn't done many films in his career be able to make a good Transformers reboot while still making humans the main focus of the story, yet capturing their emotions in an interesting way and showing how the Autobot/Decepticon war affects them? Yes, he's only done one film before The Amazing Spider-Man but that film received overwhelming critical acclaim from critics. So I wanted to ask, would Marc Webb make a good Transformers reboot director?

^Its hard to say at this point, it depends on TAS which still may turn out to be not very good, we wont know until next year.

If Bay is indeed out and a new director needs to come in Neill Blomkamp or Duncan Jones would be my picks, they have both amazing character driven sci-fi movies in recent years so I think they could both make amazing TF movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"