Would you want MCU to make 4 films a year ?

No - too much Marvel in a year then. That really seals the deal for saturation. Plus it's better quality wise for sure - for technical and storytelling purposes; more time + resources available.

You know how the comment after credits end for some movies are "This films created 15,000 jobs"? I'm not into the idea of testing the limit of that even further, 15,000 people working on one project is plenty, and we already have what might come close to or top 45,000 people working on three projects as it is.

Plus, with more MCU movies it will be harder to watch other movies.

My answer is NO

I agree with you

giphy.gif

I like 2-3 because I only really go to the theater when an MCU movie is out. I see the movies at least 2 times though. 4 might be a bit much but I guess it wouldn't be since we get movies like Deadpool and X-Men so sort of get 4 a year.

Feb-March, May, July-August, Nov I guess could work.

What really changes here?

What was the output of Marvel films during years when Marvel Fox and Sony were all releasing films? Logan had already made 4 for 2017. You got two from Fox in 2016. You are getting Venom this year from Sony.

Personally I am cool with Marvel going to 4 starting in 2021.
Like Legendkillin said.........Feb/March.....May......June/July.....Nov.
Don't give 2 damns about whatever the hell Sony doin.

No.

Three films a year already is pushing it, two a year is much preferable. It's not just the saturation factor, people are going to be burned out on four Marvel Studios films a year.

I give Marvel big kudos for helping tearing up the blockbuster dating playbook. They've made February, April, August, and early November viable blockbuster territory. But they can't keep hogging the same space all the time. Why not break ground with a January or October release?

between may 2017 and may 2018

GOTG2
homecoming
ragnarok
black panther
infinity war

will be released, is this not the same thing lol? or am I missing something obvious?

between may 2017 and may 2018

GOTG2
homecoming
ragnarok
black panther
infinity war

will be released, is this not the same thing lol? or am I missing something obvious?
People focus on releases in the same year number. If you want to take it the way you did, then from Infinity Wars this May and Avengers 4 next year we'll be getting 4 films in the span of a year, with one movie counted a second time.

Other studios do it for other films. They have more than just 3 a year.

If there are no more Fox Marvel movies, then why can't Disney increase theirs? They should also put an end to the Sony Marvel movies.

then take away infinity war

that would be four in 9 months or a year still

same thing no?

Post-Fox merger, I would love to see that happen. Especially considering that Marvel would be essentially absorbing Fox's output in this scenario.

But I don't think they should rush into it. I think it would be a good idea to wait to expand until they feel confident that they can do it without sacrificing quality.

Absolutely, esp. after Marvel Studios has acquired X-Men and FF from the Fox deal, and they still need sequels for BP, Dr. Strange, CM, Ant-Man, etc.

Other studios do it for other films. They have more than just 3 a year.

If there are no more Fox Marvel movies, then why can't Disney increase theirs? They should also put an end to the Sony Marvel movies.

This is a tiny studio. They make massive movies with massive profits, but still tiny. Business isn't just about pumping out product because of success, but insuring the demand in the marketplace remains high. A Marvel film every few months takes away the event factor and actually diminishes the demand because the films would become commonplace. Plus it doesn't spread a small studio thin and diminish quality.

2017 & 2018 will feature MCU putting out three movies a year.

I personally really enjoyed when MCU puts out a film in November (fall). This year its Feb, May, and July. Wondering if you guys would want MCU to make 4 films a year, one for each season, or if that will be watering the genre down ??
If you think about it, they just did, starting in May 2017.

I certainly enjoyed GOTG2, SM:H, T:R and BP over the past year, and did not feel any fatigue with the rate at which they were released. And I don't expect to feel any as they continue that same rate with two more films being released through this July.

If anything, I think we will be feeling the lack of MCU films between July 2018 and March 2019 more than any sort of fatigue.

So, yes.

Four is too much. Three works but that's because Marvel has enough stories to tell that each movie feels different from the last to avoid oversaturation.

Post Fox merger I think we'll see this in terms of focal points for a totally shared universe:

MCU-verse - Mostly Stand alone heroes and the MCU we've come to know and love

Space-verse - Expansion of the GOTG and that

X-Men-verse - Focus on X-Men and related

FF-verse - Focus on FF4 & Related

Spidy-verse - Sony so I dunno focus could shift to banana's

We'll get:

2-3 MCU proper a year with a Space one in the 2 movie years

1-2 X-Men with a FF one in the single movie year

Spidey will be sporadic

That would have us topping out at 6 in a single year with a normal year having 5.

I think the big change will be away from what's happening in IFW (huge all in) to something like more Ragnarok, or Civil War (Cross-overs and Expanded Cross-overs between the focal points) becoming more the norm. Which is what will make IFW that much more special.

Four is too much. Three works but that's because Marvel has enough stories to tell that each movie feels different from the last to avoid oversaturation.

We already get 4 or more Marvel films now, just some happen to be Foxverse. Instead of getting 2-3 FOX films a year and flooding the market there, having 4 films a year makes sense (since FOX will no longer have output). I would do 1 X-Men film a year (team or solo) as my 4th film.

They are going to have to, especially with getting the X-Men and Fantastic Four back.

One every quarter months should work:

February
May
July
November

We already get 4 or more Marvel films now, just some happen to be Foxverse. Instead of getting 2-3 FOX films a year and flooding the market there, having 4 films a year makes sense (since FOX will no longer have output). I would do 1 X-Men film a year (team or solo) as my 4th film.
Exactly..........everyone disregards the output of Marvel films from FOX. You were getting four with Sony and Fox in previous years.

Exactly. :up:

There has been waaaay too many Marvel films over the years. They have a chance to regulate the marketplace and keep people wanting more by keeping the anticipation high. The easiest and most effective way to do that is to make people wait. I'd be disappointed if they went to four a year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"