Would you watch a more serious Green Hornet film?

Panthro

Team Language
Reaction score
Now I didn't hate this film by any means, it was actually funnier than I expected, though I wouldn't mind seeing a more serious intepretation some day. I'm not saying Green Hornet has to be dark and brooding and grim and gritty, just that I wouldn't mind seeing a less satirical take.

What say you?

I think if they make a sequel to the Rogan film they could have their cake and eat it to as the saying goes. Britt becoming noticeably more mature, but still funny at times, could play as a joke within a joke. Similar to Kato mentioning capes as a common superhero mistake. Being more serious could be a running gag.

If they make a sequel and Britt isn't more serious then he was in the first I'd be disappointed.

I was actually hoping this would be a rather serious movie. That Rogan would be trying something new, and stretching himself in a rather serious role. I expected some comedic bits, because it is Rogan, but I was hoping for something like the series.

Then I saw the trailers and thought it looked like a piece of crap.

I did end up watching it...and found myself smiling through it. It wasn't nearly as good as I thought it could have been, but it was ok. A good number of problems, but not as bad as the trailers made it look.

So I'm actually looking forward to another movie, but I hope it's more serious. Ramp up the drama a good deal.

If Britt was more serious throughout the film, I think a lot of haters would have enjoyed it. I would like to see him act more serious but still have some comedic moments if a sequel happens. :D It made the film more entertaining being not so dark and serious. Just fun to watch.

You know, at first, I was really upset with the movie because Green Hornet is one of my favorite old characters and always wanted to see him taken seriously. I really did like this movie though, but a serious take would be nice to see. The only moment I wasn't happy with was when GH finally got to kick some ass, and then tripped over a chair. Even though it did lead to Kato's coolest move in the flick, they could've given Hornet some dignity and let him be part of it.

I think the success of this film might help a serious interpretation to be produced down the line. I would of went to see Green Hornet either way .

Yeah even though I enjoyed the movie quite a bit I do wish Rogen did act more serious. I remember when he was first cast he said it would have humor but it wouldnt be a comedy and...it became a comedy.

Star Trek/Iron Man tone wouldve been fine

OF COURSE. The Green Hornet is serious. This was the 1st time in nearly 80 years of the character that he was played as a buffoon. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUS FROM THE BEGINNING. SETH ROGEN NEEDS TO GRADUATE FROM POT TO COCAINE and give himself a fatal overdose!

I can actually forgive the humor because, the way they set Britt up, it actually made sense for him to be a partying slacker. He essentially was pushed by his father so hard that he did the exact opposite to avoid becoming him.

Therefore, being silly throughout the movie because he doesn't realize how serious things are, in contrast to Kato who does, works ok. And it does have it's serious moments. It does go unnecessarily over the top at the end. But the moment when it all clicks for Britt and he goes badass is pure awesome. I just wish he hadn't of fallen at the end, instead helping Kato in some way that leads to the same result.

But this means that, in the sequel, Britt should have learned his lesson and be much more serious. At least in the Green Hornet persona, since he's supposed to be a crime boss. I'd still expect some jokes and humor, more so when he's Britt, if for no other reason than to try and maintain his cover as careless playboy.

OF COURSE. The Green Hornet is serious. This was the 1st time in nearly 80 years of the character that he was played as a buffoon. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUS FROM THE BEGINNING. SETH ROGEN NEEDS TO GRADUATE FROM POT TO COCAINE and give himself a fatal overdose!

Yikes.
Take it easy there, guy.

I realize now I may have gone a little overboard, but Rogen is a tool. His laugh is annoying and he can't do a movie without drugs, fart jokes or sex jokes. If you guys like this movie, check out the radio shows. You'll see real quality there!

Wow I didnt know you hated Seth Rogen and the new GH movie

Wow I didnt know you hated Seth Rogen and the new GH movie

I hope that is sarcasm as I have made my opinions known on other threads in the Green Hornet forum. It has nothing to do with the Green Hornet, other than the name.

If there is a sequel I'd like to see a more experienced and smart GH that completes what he's doing without end looking like a clumsy idiot.

Don't get me wrong I liked the movie, it's very funny and the villain was diffrent from the usual crimelord cliché, I can dig the overall comedic tone, but I was a little dissapointed at Green Hornet, which is my favorite of the duo (That's right, you read me Kato/Bruce Lee lovers!!!!) every scene were he was actually doing something ended badly (tripping, almost getting shot, running like a sissy, the blank USB) all that clumsyness wasn't really necessary for the movie to be funny

Yeesh, you could poison Captain Planet with your pure, concentrated hate.

Of course not. What I need now is Will Ferrell's take on Doc Savage. Comedy is so cool and suitable for these characters.

Of course not. What I need now is Will Ferrell's take on Doc Savage. Comedy is so cool and suitable for these characters.
I'm sure that somewhere in Hollywood some studio executive is making that very same pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"