WoW music suggestions

MrHateYourself

Civilian
Reaction score
Alright....I need new background music for WoW.

Devin Townsend, Pain Of Salvation, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, those are some typical album selections (particularly the instrumental tracks). What are other players listening to?

I'm more or less into watching full TV Series while I play. I'm on season 3 of Buffy right now.

Points to sig. I don't care if you're not into its still great music.:cmad:

Ohman. Can't do TV or movies-I prefer to sit and absorb those. I've added Xenuphobe to the listening list, though, it's great ambient new age guitar stuff-do check it out.

SouLeSS said:
I'm more or less into watching full TV Series while I play. I'm on season 3 of Buffy right now.
that speaks volumes about how fun the gameplay is ;)

I dont actuallyl watch them. THey're just on in the background and I can understand what's going on.

I got smallville seasons 1 on right now.

Sloth7d said:
Points to sig. I don't care if you're not into its still great music.:cmad:
My sig was different when I posted this. Just ignore this comment.

When I played I usually listened to the Legend of Zelda: OoT soundtrack. Makes the game feel more epic that way.

MrHateYourself said:
Alright....I need new background music for WoW.

Devin Townsend, Pain Of Salvation, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, those are some typical album selections (particularly the instrumental tracks). What are other players listening to?
I always listen to Staind, Nirvana and Disturbed when I play. Love Disturbed cover of "Land of Confusion"

comicgirl said:
I always listen to Staind, Nirvana and Disturbed when I play. Love Disturbed cover of "Land of Confusion"

Nirvana, no thanks. They were at their peaks of popularity while I was in high school and I'm STILL sick of hearing them, not that I ever liked them much. Kurt was a great songwriter, marginal guitarist and horrid vocalist; much of their music was rather derived from other acts that never got the attention they deserved, and I'm sick of hearing them and hearing ABOUT them. I still have friends who nag me about an article I wrote for the school paper regarding Kurt's "hero" status over a damned decade ago. So no, no desire to remember anything about Nirvana except that we got the Foo Fighters out of it. And even they have let me down lately.....

Staind, ARGH I can't stand them. They've made...what, 5, 6 albums now from the same lame song and pattern? Started an entire trend of "acoustic, overly whiny, but with LOUD guitars during the chorus!" singles.

Disturbed, I like a bit of their stuff, particularly their covers, but they're also on the "no variety and repetitve" list. Not really mood setting for WOW. Good driving music.

Basically, pop format tunes just don't cut it for WOW....gotta have some length, some exploration, a spacey feel ("Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun", Pink Floyd, ohgodyes)....

Do check out Pain Of Salvation's "Perfect Element" album, it might be up your alley-it's a kind of Faith No More (good WOW music) meets Dream Theatre type thing. Prog, but without the prog trappings, dressed in heavy metal leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"