Writer's Guild Nominations for Video Game Writing 2010

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/wga-awards-videogame-writing-nominees/

Los Angeles and New York – The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in videogame writing during 2010. The winner of this year’s WGA Videogame Writing Award, which recognizes writers as key creative talent in today’s gaming industry, will be presented at the upcoming 2011 Writers Guild Awards to be held on Saturday, February 5, 2011, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York.
VIDEOGAME WRITING
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Story by Patrice Desilets, Jeffrey Yohalem, Corey May; Lead Script Writer: Jeffrey Yohalem; Script Writers: Ethan Petty, Nicholas Grimwood, Matt Turner; Ubisoft
Fallout: New Vegas, Creative Design Lead/Lead Writer: John Gonzalez; Writers: Chris Avellone, Eric Fenstermaker, Travis Stout; Additional Writing: Tess Treadwell, George Ziets, Jason Bergman, Nick Breckon, Matt Grandstaff, Will Noble, Andrew Scharf; Bethesda Softworks
God of War III, Written by Marianne Krawcyzk; Additional Writing by Stig Asmussen, Ariel Lawrence, William Weissbaum; Sony Computer Entertainment
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Writer: Benjamin McCaw; Story Dialogue Editor: Marianne Krawczyk; Ubisoft
Singularity, Written by Marc Guggenheim, Lindsey Allen, Emily Silver; Additional Story and Writing: Jason Henderson, Adam Foshko, Michael Cassutt; Story and Script Consultant: Adam Foshko; Activision
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Executive Producer-Writer: Haden Blackman; In-Game Script: David Collins, John Stafford, Cameron Suey; Additional Writing: Tid Cooney, Ian Dominguez, Tony Rowe; LucasArts
Established by the Writers Guilds’ Videogame Writers Caucus to promote storytelling excellence in videogames, improve the status of gaming writers, and encourage uniform standards within the gaming industry, the WGA Videogame Writing Award recognizes the essential creative contributions made by writers to video games and the gaming industry. Both the WGAW and WGAE continue their collective efforts to bring an increasing number of videogame projects under WGA jurisdiction to ensure that writers receive the benefits of a Writers Guild contract.
The WGA Videogame Writing Award honors the best qualifying script from a videogame published in the previous year. To be eligible for WGA consideration, games must have been released between December 1, 2009 and November 30, 2010, works must contain separate writing credit(s), and credited game writers must have been or must have applied to become members of the WGA’s Videogame Writers Caucus at the time scripts were submitted. Work that was not produced under WGA jurisdiction was also eligible for submission.
The 2011 Writers Guild Awards will be held on Saturday, February 5, 2011, simultaneously at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel-Grand Ballroom in Los Angeles and the AXA Equitable Center in New York City.

I've never heard of it before actually. Could be new, maybe someone else here knows for sure.

No Mass Effect or Red Dead?

I have no respect for this award.

Force Unleashed 2? Really? Reeeeaally? You have games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2 and you choose FU2?

Certainly some big games not there. Has anyone played Prince of Persia? Wasn't expecting that to have a good enough story to make the list.

Nah, this isn't new. I believe it's been out for a few years because I'm fairly sure TFU won the year it came out.

But yeah, the noms for this year aren't that great. I played PoP... it was a step back from the PS2 classic.

Wow, horrid nominations, all of them. The Force Unleashed had a great story but TFUII was awful.

This award was announced in 2007. Past winners and the years they won it (years are when the ceremony was held):
Dead Head Fred 2008
SW: TFU 2009
Uncharted 2 2010

I agree about the current nominees being underwhelming. Some odd choices indeed.

Nah, this isn't new. I believe it's been out for a few years because I'm fairly sure TFU won the year it came out.

But yeah, the noms for this year aren't that great. I played PoP... it was a step back from the PS2 classic.

This award was announced in 2007. Past winners and the years they won it:
Dead Head Fred 2008
SW: TFU 2009
Uncharted 2 2010

I agree about the current nominees being underwhelming. Some odd choices indeed.
Thanks.

TFU & Uncharted 2 were good, never played Dead Head Fred. Shame that leaving out a couple of obvious choices looks like it will hurt the credibility of the award.

No Red Dead Redemption, but Force Unleashed made it? As an aspiring writer, that's just embarrassing.

Bad list but of all of them I go with AC:B...it was the most complex one.

AC:B has to win, not only was it a brilliant story (read the book for an even better look at the story) but the historical element to make it fit to our own history so well is something that requires a lot of attention to detail.

I mean freaking Singularity is on the list!

SINGULARITY.

This "award" is officially dumber than the Spike VGA. That is all.

Some weird games that's nominated and why the heck didn't Mass Effect 2 get nominated? The ****. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"