The Dark Knight Writer's strike

Agree as well. Although, it would be a bit difficult to write when you're supposed to be picketing....

I think we LA people should have done our Joker shenanigans this week. It would have been hilarious to actually participate in the strike in front of WB studios dressed up as Joker. :woot:

someone has to do this! it would be classic! you'd probably win the contest also.

LMAO - I will personally mail $20 to anyone who takes a pic in Joker garb/makeup in front of the WGA strike pickets and gets it on to WSS.

- Jow
Is that a dare? :woot:

I have some friends who might be up for it. I'll try to PM riskproductions to see if he's up for it again.

Of course, this means that the strike has to last through this weekend. :ninja:

If you're in the Guild and write during a strike, you can get kicked out of the Guild.

If you're not in the Guild, you can't work on a Union shoot. It's not just a matter of loyalty to a brother or a project or your own project, it's about being able to continue a career in Hollywood.

Thus the problem with doing business with unions. They are dinosaurs. Its the studio's fault for hiring people in unions in the first place. Personally, I won't do business with any company that hires or does business with a union company. You might as well do business with the mob.

Is that a dare? :woot:

I have some friends who might be up for it. I'll try to PM riskproductions to see if he's up for it again.

Of course, this means that the strike has to last through this weekend. :ninja:

At the moment, the poor college student in me is going "d-oh!"

I won't send $20. But I'll give u madd props. lol

- Jow

it's twenty bucks. that's quite an insignificant amount for such an awesome dare.

His brother might jion f.a.g.s along with the old batman

TeamAmerica_10.jpg

At the moment, the poor college student in me is going "d-oh!"

I won't send $20. But I'll give u madd props. lol

- Jow
Booooooo! :oldrazz:

It just occurred to me that the writers might not be picketing during the weekend. The WGAW website isn't very helpful - it just lists the picketing shifts as 9am-1pm, and 1pm-5pm. Another site said that WGA members were expected to strike Mon-Fri, which makes sense since they'd be striking when they'd usually be working. If they aren't going to picket during the weekend, it could put a damper on this whole thing, since...some of us have jobs. And class. And stuff.

Then again I had come up with this whole plan about going there with donuts and showing solidarity with the writers by holding up blank signs! :csad:

Hey everyone,
Your favorite Henchman is back and, surprise, I need some help. The movie 'Eagle Eye' is filming in Chicago through Nov. 16 and I would really appreciate if anyone from Chicago, or anyone who simply can find out, would find the locations and dates of the filming as I would like to go down there and check things out.
Thanks everyone for your help,
Joker'sHenchman

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"