X by Ti West (A24)

Holy, that was amazing. MIA F*CKIN’ GOTH, baby.

I can’t put X or this over each other, they’re both amazing and so different. Re-watched X a few nights back, even loved it more - if that’s possible.

The monologue scene was a barn burner. Let alone the one take murder near the end, woah.

Seeing Pearl later tonight after hearing all the presidents, and decided to watch X in preparation. This was really good. A pretty standard slasher flick, but it felt like a nice return to form for the genera with keeping things simplistic. Really looking forward to Pearl.

Hadn't seen a trailer for this or Pearl, so going in blind was really nice.
Was wondering how the prequel would come into play until Pearl said something about how she used to look like Maxine. Neat little twist, especially since I hadn't realized Goth was playing both roles until the credits.

I cannot express how great of a film Pearl is. Not only would I say it's up there as one of the greatest horror films, but it's a perfect horror film. Mia Goth in this is performance of the year.

Knowing these were shot back to back is insane because these two films are so stylistically and tonally different. Which is a big kudos to West.

Honestly think Maxxxine could be the best one of them all. Really excited for it.

Idea;

A24 should drop a special edition blu-ray where every time a murder starts/happens it jumps to color. The twisted version of The Wizard Of Oz.

8879b0dda2c0bd0c72ef78efb50b1daba1284a0c.pnj

Makes me almost want to buy a tree.

Finally got around to watching both. X was alright, but Pearl… what a showcase for Mia Goth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"