X-Force Movie ... pick/predict the team.

I love X-23's Origins. Very similar to the movie Hanna. Would have to cut that out probably though, just too time consuming.

As long as there are Weapon plus members on the team I think it could work with them taking out a lab and finding her in a bloody mess holding her Mom or something. Would probably be better with a Wolverine film since he's the one who's trying to be copied. That should put a heavy burden on him and his reaction to her should be important. Plus those two fighting would be rad, and would definitely rival the Deathstrike fight in X2.

I'd say she's a better choice for either Wolverine 3 or a Wolverine led X-Force team.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to see them fight each other necessarily, but I def agree that X-23 would have to be intro-ed in Wolvie 3 or alongside him. She's the man's clone, that's a hugely important part of her and his stories, so to use her alone would reduce her to "chick wolverine" instead of an ethically and morally complicated character.

I really like X-23, but as you all are saying, she needs to be introduced in a Wolverine movie first. I'd have absolutely no objections for her going to X-Force after that.

In terms of her origins, backstory, and personality, she's actually quite a bit different than Wolverine. Heck even her fighting style is different than his.

yeah they're very different, but that's what makes the whole clone thing all the more fascinating, with the whole nature V nurture thing (and even what a Y chromosome does to Logan's personality)
To not have Logan in an X-23 story would make X look like either an homage, or a straight rip off, of Wolverine. The similarities are too obvious that to not mention it or show Logan would have the whole audience saying "what the hell's going on here"

Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke, Archangel for the first film. Genesis/Tolliver/Tyler Summers should be the big bad with the Dark Riders as his henchmen. Sinsear would be a secondary antagonist who's against both sides. Stryfe would be the manipulating Genesis behind the scenes and would lead into the X-Men movie after Apocalypse with a big old cliffhanger at the end. The film would mostly center around Cable and Archangel as the main protagonists with Deadpool and Domino bantering with each other for comic relief and Psylocke keeping everyone in line as the only emotionally stable member of the team.

Introduce X-23 and Fantomex in the sequel. X-23 and Fantomex are Weapon X experiments who X-Force frees. Mister Sinister, Malcolm Colcord and John Sublime would be the villains. Sarah Kinney would be a researcher for Weapon X who defects but dies in the process. Ultomaton would be the big enemy for everyone to fight. Random Weapon X guards would also be fought. Deadpool and Domino's pasts would be explored. Sinister survives to harass the X-Men in the next film.

Part three should bring in Siryn, Warpath, Sunspot and Hope Summers. Granted, Siryn would be introduced in Deadpool 2 while Hope Summers would make her first appearance in Messiah Complex. Domino starts out leading the team until Cable returns from across time with Hope warning of a horrible nanoplague based upon Sentinel technology. Warpath and Sunspot are captives of the Genoshan state. Cameron Hodge would be the big bad. The Phalanx would be Hodge's minions/merged with Hodge's mind. Bastion would be a Sentinel from the DOFP timeline who creates the Phalanx. Magneto assists X-Force in overthrowing Genosha as well as defeating the Phalanx when they debut in the third act.

I'd save Rictor, Forge, Wolfsbane and Shatterstar for X-Factor.

I'd also save Cannonball and Tabitha Smith for New Mutants.

So there's my roster and how they all end up on the team.

I wouldn't want to see them fight each other necessarily, but I def agree that X-23 would have to be intro-ed in Wolvie 3 or alongside him. She's the man's clone, that's a hugely important part of her and his stories, so to use her alone would reduce her to "chick wolverine" instead of an ethically and morally complicated character.

Yeah, that connection is pretty important and the film will lose too much emotional weight for both the characters. She's gonna need a good amount of time dedicated to her so audiences don't think she's some rip off off character like you said. Unless she got a solo movie, Wolverine is the best character to follow into her story.

With the fighting I more meant when they find her, not really that they would become rivals. Since they would both be aware each other were created as Weapons, I'd think their (mostly hers) first impulse would be to take the other one out. Until they realize they are not enemies. Laura's not exactly the best socializer and was never around that many good people, the only ones that were kind to her she kills beyond her control. So I'd imagine she would have a huge problem trusting or understanding whoever finds her and has similarities at first. Under the right choreography it would be pretty awesome. Especially when that third claw shows up.

Last edited:
I'd introduce X-23 in a Wolverine movie that also featured Daken and kill two birds with one stone...

Daken's early "Dark Avengers" appearances obviously can't be drawn on, and nor can we see half of the characters featured with him and Wolverine in the "Seven The Hard Way" storyline, but there are elements of that story and "Romulus" that could be combined with Weapon X references and Daken and X-23's origin stories to make a really good movie with Romulus as the villain and maybe a Deadpool cameo in there somewhere.

Following such an introduction, then I'd like to see her kick some serious ass as a member of X-Force :)

no. no.
f**k Daken

agreed. The less claws in the new spin-offs, the better.

Id love this roster: Cable, Domino, Deadpool (as a villain first, then ally), Boom boom and Cannonball

And Psylocke for the sequel as the main new character. But I want Domino to shine by her own first, so thats why Id preffer Betsy to join later

I'd like to see them skip Deadpool as a villain and have him and Cable have a very close but antagonistic relationship with a backstory that they used to be villains. I like when they sell "lived-in" relationships where the history is palpable

If it were up to me, it be Cable, Domino, Warpath, Psylocke, Deadpool and Fantomex.

I can't predict...

But I do know that I would cancel Apocalypse right now and go in a different direction with the franchise. My members of X-Force would be whichever young actors you want to keep around (Gambit, Mystique, Deapool)...and they would find themselves somewhere else...maybe Mojoworld...do some commentary on modern cinema and celebrity while you're at it...and because of the way that dimension would operate, they come out of Mojoworld far in the future...the same age they were...but the time on Earth has progressed up to the future (so that Rogue, Iceman etc can interact with the younger crew in future movies) and the end would be them looking around this strange new future only to find Professor X on the edge of death, telling that we are living in the Age of Apocalypse.

PS: It shouldn't take two movies just to get the characters together into one freaking time so we can move forward...but whatever.

might as well go with the more blatantly violent character lineup in order to differentiate this from the traditional x-men team. If X-Force is the black-ops team that doesn't go the Magneto route, they might as well have Cable, Fantomex, Psylocke, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"