X-Force Movie ... pick/predict the team.

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
If Cable's in it, he'll be "the new guy" in that movie so I doubt there will be too many other new characters on the team or it's gonna be all supporting backstory...

So who we got? ...

Warpath was in the last X-Men movie and he's been in Volumes 1, 2 & 3 so I reckon he's a safe bet, along with Deadpool and maybe Wolverine from the Vol 3 line-up.

Psylocke was misused in X3 and Fantomex isn't that well known so I'd rule them out, but with X-Men Apocalypse preceding it I'd guess that "Archangel" might be established by the end of that film.

Going back to the Vol 1 line-up, we've also just seen Sunspot and Siryn's had a cameo in the past, the former being more likely to appear than the latter.

Then throw in Cable and Domino (another mainstay of Vols 1, 2&3 and Cable's WildPack/SixPack prior to that)

I'm gonna guess at a team initially led by Wolverine or alternatively Bishop, featuring Archangel, Deadpool, Warpath, and Sunspot, with Siryn and Blink also being possibilities.

Then Cable & Domino initially appearing as antagonists facilitating some classic Cable vs Deadpool/Wolverine/Bishop action and Stryfe as the big bad, ending with a team-up that leads to Cable heading the team in a sequel.

:)

In short...

Wolverine and/or Bishop
Deadpool
Archangel
Warpath
Sunspot
Blink
and maybe Siryn
vs
Cable & Domino
vs
Stryfe

Hope they leave Wolverine out. Is he essential?

I think Cable, Domino, and Psylocke are the musts. After them, it doesn't really matter so much.

Hope they leave Wolverine out. Is he essential?

Not essential no but he was the leader of the team for a while in one of it's more recent incarnations.

I was thinking they might flip it around and start off with something more like the Volume 3 team and then add Cable and Domino during the movie.

I think Cable, Domino, and Psylocke are the musts. After them, it doesn't really matter so much.

Cable, Domino and Warpath I'd say. Warpath's been in every volume.

Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Feral or Wolfsbane and another guy.

I don't want Psylocke for X-Force, I want her to be introduced in the main X-Men team.

I could go for...

Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Psylocke, Cannonball and Fantomex

nice mix of generations, small team, characters who will probably never feature prominently in an X-Men film, and they have some fun powers to play with.

Pretty much what Bored guy said.

Cable, Domino, Psylocke, Deadpool, Fantomex, Boom Boom (or Cannonball). Maybe Wolverine.

Would like to see Archangel, but until Apocalypse I don't know if they can use him in any way.

Cable, Domino and Warpath I'd say. Warpath's been in every volume.
Warpath hasn't been in Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 and 2, Cable and X-Force or the new X-Force. So he's been in 3 out of 7. Same amount as Betsy and Fantomex now.

Last edited:
I expect to see Colossus, Rogue, Iceman, and Shadowcat used in X-Force.

Or at least, some of them.

I expect to see Colossus, Rogue, Iceman, and Shadowcat used in X-Force.

Or at least, some of them.

Hope not. Kind of a waste of X-Force. Thats pretty much just the normal X-Men roster. X-Force is more mercs, thieves and edgy characters. Less so the trustworthy ones.

Last edited:
Karl Urban for Cable. That is all I have to say.

If you go for Psyloke would that rule out an Excalibur film? Or would they even bother if they already had x-men and x-force?

If you go for Psyloke would that rule out an Excalibur film? Or would they even bother if they already had x-men and x-force?

Doubt it. I see X-Force and maybe New Mutants being made eventually. Would be surprised if they ever went the Excalibur route. Don't think they own Captain Britain either.

What I would like to see is a combo of all the rosters

Cable - leader
Domino - 2nd in command
Deadpool - wildcard "field agent"
Psylocke - reliable "field agent"
Cannonball - rookie
Forge - gadget man

Id love this roster: Cable, Domino, Deadpool (as a villain first, then ally), Boom boom and Cannonball

And Psylocke for the sequel as the main new character. But I want Domino to shine by her own first, so thats why Id preffer Betsy to join later

Cable, Domino, and Psylocke are musts imo. Deadpool should also be there. As for the fifth member, I'm torn between several possibilities:

-Boom Boom.
-Wolfsbane.
-Warpath.
-X-23.

Wolverine can make an appearance, but I don't want him on the actual team. Maybe a cameo where he talks to Cable or Deadpool.

If it's just going to be five then i'd like to see...

Cable, Domino, Warpath, Archangel, Deadpool

They should really have at least 2 X-Force gals.

Yeah, this "one female on the initial team" cliché that comic book films usually go with has long since gotten old/irritating. It reeks of tokenism.

Yeah it's definitely an issue.

And as much as I love Domino and think she is a member who needs to be added regardless, there's quite a few tough as nails female characters in black suits who shoot guns in films and superhero flicks. They need someone in addition to her who will bring something different personality and power wise. That's really what gives Boom Boom and Psylocke a huge advantage imo.

Too many of the other female X-Force members with the exception of Betsy, Tabitha, Dani Moonstar and Marrow have already had their powers either exactly or very closely represented on screen before. Not that I would have a problem with the majority of those characters showing up as I'm a huge X-23 fan, but just would prefer they went with unshown powers as of now and keep everything completely fresh.

Last edited:
Yeah, this "one female on the initial team" cliché that comic book films usually go with has long since gotten old/irritating. It reeks of tokenism.

There should be at least 2 female characters in a team. It opens up the opportunities for storylines and interactions. What will their relationship be with each other? Will they be competitive, mother&daughter/best friends/avoid each other? etc...
Think they need to try something new if they do have 2. Usually they go for one be strong willed and experienced and the other being cute. Bring in a wisecracking nut job for once. Who may be attractive but scares the **** out of the guys as they don't really know which way she'll go.

(not talking for this film, any tv show will do)

kind of agreed about the two females, Domino should appear first, but adding Boom boom would be a great contrast and is a character that would connect with a younger audience and would add a fresh vibe, someone young, with sense of humour, and a sassy attitude, it would be something not seen on the x-men movies yet, so she's definetly my pick after Domino.

I wouldn't have a problem with any of those. X-23 would be a way to do Wolverine without actually having to use Wolverine, and she has history with X-Force. However, I'm conflicted as to whether she should be introduced here, or in a solo Wolverine movie. Boom Boom is just fun. Psylocke is my #1 choice (she essentially been the main character on multiple XF teams over the last few years, and she's just awesome in general). But Boom Boom is a close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"