X-Men ‘97

Discussion in 'Upcoming Marvel on Disney+' started by Sawyer, Nov 12, 2021.

1. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Haveyou seen how she is drawn in the comiX? Looks like an obvious evil clone of the Professor. IF there are other Evil Professors in the X-Men, I don't think they look remotely close to Charles Xavier.

2. TheVileOne Registered

She's his fraternal twin sister. He literally tried to kill her while they were still in the womb. I'm not joking this actually happened.

[​IMG]

3. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Yeah I've read New X-Men. I've just seen this evil twin twist too many times. The design was just another issue. Like give me Children of the Vault instead of Cassandra Nova.

4. TheVileOne Registered

I hate the character and most of what Grant Morrison did during the X-Men run.

As far as villains go and stories go, one route they could go is Bastion and Operation: Zero Tolerance. They wouldn't really need Xavier to tell that story. Plus the show already introduced Nimrod and Master Mold, so it'd be an easy way to introduce and use the character. Somehow Nimrod survived in the current timeline and eventually was able to get to Master Mold, and they evolved into Bastion.

Zero Tolerance would also be a good way to use long-form storytelling for the series.

5. #root Registered

Oh my god what the **** :funny:. I’d heard about this but I always thought it was just like a psychic battle or something. Didn’t know Xavier was literally throwing hands and choking her with her umbilical cord :lmao:.

TheVileOne likes this.
  6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I am not talking about appearance, but that she literally is an Evil Version of Xavier, Spawned By Xavier. Yes, there is that whole weird and kind of dumb "twin sister strangled in the womb" origin story, but ultimately she is yet another iteration of "Charles Xavier turns evil and insane, or creates an evil and insane copy of himself", just like Onslaught and Entity and arguably the new Krakoa-Xavier, and probably a bunch of times I'm forgetting. Its well past the point where clearly the three power drawbacks Xavier took to pay for his vast mutant powers are "bald", "unable to walk", and "will periodically spawn an evil villain inside or outside his head with full access to his own powers".

7. Phoenix_Flare Registered

This is the team I want to see! Gold and blue!!! FYI I need to order Colossus Arc Angel and Nightcrawler and I’ll be complete.

How cool would it be to see both teams going on separate missions and coming together in a epic season finale! 910FEF4D-4AC1-49D7-A4A4-B94134DCFBA2.jpeg

8. Silvermoth Krakoan native

That looks awesome Phoenix flare! Love the pyro

TheVileOne likes this.
  9. Phoenix_Flare Registered

Thanks once I finish with the team then I’ll start getting the remainder of the Brotherhood, Sinister and Apocalypse

Silvermoth likes this.
  10. Sithborg Registered

Hell no. Sink money into the animation. The animation was not good. I assume you meant the designs, which is a separate issue from animation. Because good god, the animation of the original was bad.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  11. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I’d like this to seamlessly fit with the rest of the series, so I’d say make everything as close to the original as possible. Otherwise, why not just do a new X-Men show

12. OB12 Registered

It should be done similar to the new Masters of the Universe. Keep the character models but utilize better animation techniques. Really like the animation on Masters of the Universe.

13. Sithborg Registered

I mean, the series itself didn't fit seamlessly with itself. Just because something was bad in the past, doesn't mean it always has to be bad.

14. TheVileOne Registered

Grant Morrison's X-Men run was full of absurd nonsense like this. They basically let him do whatever he wanted for several years. And then they spent another several years undoing everything they let him do with the X-books.

15. Pennywise Registered

16. Sithborg Registered

And then there was the revival of Morrison ****.

Xbooks be wild.

TheVileOne likes this.
  17. TheVileOne Registered

Makes me glad I stopped reading comics.

18. Dr. Evil Registered

19. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

It will certainly be interesting to see which of the 25+ years worth of stories find their way into the new show.

I also wonder if we'll see the same locked ensemble of 8 X-Men throughout, or if they'll have others like Colossus, Iceman, Angel, Psylocke, Banshee, or Nightcrawler appear more often. Many series such as Young Justice or Avengers: EMH have made use of larger teams, with characters weaving in and out on a regular basis. X-Men ran so those shows could fly, makes sense for the new show to fly along with them.

Jordacar likes this.
  20. SquirrelBallZ Registered

So it is basically like ripe old smelly cheese at best you are suggesting?

21. Batgirl0202 Registered

I hope they don't just do a first season of 10 episodes...

Assuming each episode will be 20 - 30 mins, I wanna see at least 18 or more episodes in Season One!

22. Detective Conan Registered

Marvel's X-Men '97 Episode Count Revealed

Silvermoth and Batgirl0202 like this.
  23. Batgirl0202 Registered

24. Dr. Evil Registered

25. CyclopsSummers Registered

So 10 episodes for 1st season next year

For sure, fans are waiting 8 full members coming back + Iceman returns, Psyclocke/Colossus joining the team, maybe X-23/Magik ...
    Im curious to know how they'll fix Archangel'case. In some flashbacks we saw the 5 originals (like in comics debut) but in the show Cyclops he didn't seem to recognize him