Days of Future Past X-Men DOFP Timeline and Continuity

Burt Macklin

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Hypers
I opened this thread so that we can focus on the old and new timeline for the X-Men franchise. Speculations are most welcome!

X-Men-Days-Of-Future-Past-Movie-Timeline-Infographic-DOFP.jpg

I'll start off by asking how come das Wolverine have Adamantium claws in the Future?

This has been explained before a few times around here.

Magneto could have done it (being master of magnets and all) or Wolverine was able to get them back from a similar means to how he got them the first time.

What can I say? I agree with some points of that timeline.
By the way, I've just revised and tweaked my Original Timeline section (go to my site, "X-CONTINUITY"). I improved the way to make Origins fit into it.

I'll start off by asking how come das Wolverine have Adamantium claws in the Future?

Timeline A: No idea. Possible continuity error.

Timeline B: The Wolverine never happened.

There is already Timeline thread with same pic.

(sorry for my english)

Bryan Singer does not explain to the public the resurrection of Professor X (everyone has not seen the scene post-generic X3 + listened the audio commentary). Neither the return of adamantium claws (I know... Magneto). I think this is not an oversight or error. I think it is voluntary.

Last year , the viral campaign showed a timeline where the Sentinels were deployed since 1973 , with internment camps for mutants since 2001, with Magneto involved in the Kennedy assassination , etc ... It does not fit with the trilogy. Not to mention an inconsistency in the film : Logan and Stryker do not know (but in Origins, they met during the Vietnam War) .

Origins are not in continuity ? False. There are images of the film in DoFP : the scene where Victor Creed breaks Logan's claws . So how to fix this ? With a third timeline.

Timeline A (Trilogy) = X1 , X2 , X3, Origins , FC , The Wolverine . Someone (Apocalypse ?) modifies the timeline. There is a breaking point, this is the death of Azazel , Tempest , Angel , which initiates the crusade Mystique . So we switched to...
Timeline B (Apocalyptic) = The apocalyptic future . There are constants (the death of Jean, the loss of bone claws facing Victor) . But Xavier is not dead (so no need for explanations) . Wolverine and has not lost his adamantium claws (same thing) . Wolverine is sent in the past . It then switches to ...
Timeline C (Happy Ending) : Wolverine alter the past and save the future.

This explains absolutely everything! :yay:

Last edited:
There are very strong hints. Use your imagination.

It's a branching timeline (ALA the Legend of Zelda), with a bit of BttF, Terminator, and Star Trek influence thrown in.

Everything inf fist 6 gilms originally happened before wolverine's time travel mission

also Trask before congress

Mystique In vietnam

Mystique going to trask's office

mystique In bar and hotel room

happened in original timeline

now what happened between Mystique as stryker finding wolverine and wolverine waking up In 2023 Is the question mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"