X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover

DoctorJones

Civilian
Reaction score
Considering it's been confirmed by William Hurt that Marvel Studios is indeed developing a coherent fictional universe in Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, I was curious if 20th Century Fox would do the same for the two main Marvel properties they own. The possibilities beyond the mere legal rights are there:

*The X-Men films are set in the "near future". In the first Fantastic Four, Reed is speculating over human evolution being advanced by cosmic power, such as the storm that gives them their gifts.
*William Stryker had a file on Franklin Richards on his computer.
*A picture of Doom with Stryker and President McKenna was created for the first F4 film. (http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=5659)

I think a crossover could be a good idea if done right. Although it'd be very far out for the style created for the X-Men franchise, the films need not exactly adhere to Singer's style for the recent entries in that franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Celestials create the mutant gene in the comics? Also being set in the far future would allow a retcon of elements in the F4 movies *cough*Doom*cough*

I've mentioned this too. On the downside, it would be expensive with all the FX and also there would a lot of characters to service. You'd have to put in multiple villains for all the heroes to be up against and that would amount to a lot of characters.

The characters are fixable. The students would be less of the focus. An actual X-Men field team would prolly be used in this instance

Daredevil, X-Men and FF could all technially crossover seeing as how they're owned by Fox, and they seem to inhabit the same universe. It would definitely be interesting. If they can do Freddy vs. Jason, they can do this.

A CGI movie could work, not a major motion picture

Daredevil, X-Men and FF could all technially crossover seeing as how they're owned by Fox, and they seem to inhabit the same universe.

I don't think Daredevil fits in with the X-Men and the F4. It's likely too Fox is going to pass those rights back to Marvel.

starwise it may be expensive BUT I can see an x-man taking members of their school to a field trip in the fantastic four mansion and perhaps all of them being teleported out by skrulls (or the kree) for some form of combat.

it'd have ben and johnny, sue, wolverine, angel, iceman, rogue, collosus, nightcrawler and gambit

Fighting

reed and beast can be on the outside comparing intellects and messing around with gadgets

very cool...

Just seems like too many characters. Even if you go with just 4 XMEN in addition to the Prof (and the FF of course), it's still overloaded in my opinion...more characters = less time to portray them in the way they should be.

But a crossover would only have a little focus on a few characters and have a lot of action.

people REALLY seem to like the x-man...not so much for the F4..yes the F4 did ok at the box office (and YES i KNOW over $100 million is GOOD)

but do you kind of understand what i am saying....

PLUS i think that when you really start to hit the crossover movies, it really comes off as more of a stunt to make money than it does as a conscious effort to make a great story or honor the characters.

i think from a GA perspective, it kinds of cheapens the characters.

kind of like they aren't good enough to stand on their own 2 feet

how about making a film about the group of avengers where Iron Man is the leader of the group. i want that way...

I've mentioned this too. On the downside, it would be expensive with all the FX and also there would a lot of characters to service. You'd have to put in multiple villains for all the heroes to be up against and that would amount to a lot of characters.

Or one REALLY powerful villain....Galactus (the REAL version)...Onslaught...Apocalypse...

Franklin Richards should definitely be the focus if there is a crossover. The school should take interest in him. Maybe say that Phoenix was resurrected when the Surfer passed by and she comes back even more powerful than ever (flaming bird and all) and have her be the threat. The Four having experience with cosmic level threats would be a great help and so would Franklin Richards. Plus it would mean the return of Xavier and the Surfer is a great excuse for having the depowered mutants having their powers back (speaking of Magneto in particular).

Keep in mind I'm talking about the Surfer's previous appearance. I don't want him to actually play a role in this movie besides what basically Magneto's machine did in X1 except even better.

Daredevil would work with a dark character like Wolverine in some kind of mystery but considering they both have the same powers (except Daredevil's on a MUCH larger scale and doesn't have a healing factor) it would be kind of pointless.

I've always wanted a crossover of sorts. It could work and be awesome, but it'd take a lot of creativity and $$$.

3415_4_2.jpg

I've always wanted a crossover of sorts. It could work and be awesome, but it'd take a lot of creativity and $$$.

I don't think it would take any more money than an individual Fantastic Four or X-men movie. Just a lot of creativity (the way Guillermo Del Toro is creative with the budgets he does receive). It would take a creative writer though. An idea like this could easily fall apart in the wrong hands but I can easily think of plenty of excuses to have the two teams meet.

Oh and it should be Storm, Beast, and Wolverine on the side of the X-men. Professor Xavier turned out to be alive and well in someone else's body (or a clone body or whatever the hell that was) and I really think the movie would be X-men centric anyway. But hey, that's me going into my own fantasies here. :woot:

Why? Individual movies are okay but put them together and all of a sudden it's too much for people to handle? After Transformers (which synopsis can actually read "Giant robots fighting") I don't think there's any excuse for this stuff to not be realized in full on live action.

Besides, that's the fun of an adaption. I don't want what is basically a cartoon. I want to see these characters off the pages and brought to life like I can actually shake their hands.

I'd bring in Iceman too just to counter Johnny's youngster-ness. Though they need to make Bobby less of an emo and more of the fun-lover he's supposed to be.

See I was thinking that too. Just putting the whole team from the end of the last movie in there. I'd say Angel too but really, what purpose would he serve besides being the one X-man that can fly?

A great thing about Surfer's presence in FF2 is that you can use it to retcon the hell out of X3 if you really wanted. :woot: The depowered mutants get their powers back, Xavier gets his old body back, if Cyclops is dead he comes back, Phoenix comes back to life. You can just use the guy as this deus ex machina and never mention him again for the rest of the movie. :oldrazz:

A cross over would be pretty sweet if done right. Obviously the best kind of cross over we can get right now would be the Avengers, however I think that it would be even more sweet if in an Avengers sequel, they could get more cross overs from the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four. I was thinking a title like The Avengers: Ultimate Alliance. Has a nice touch but it's only wishful thinking. And that is of course with the original actors and actresses. That would be one hell of a movie.

On a slightly related note, I think Marvel should release a cross over animated or CGI movie involving all these characters. So basically their Ultimate Avengers movies plus the X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Doctor Strange etc. It would also be amazing if they made movies for the Civil War, House of M, World War Hulk, and Secret Invasion storylines. Only working in animated or cgi of course.

i doubt it.. would be nice if it were handled intelligently, but I doubt it.. x-men world is "darker", and FF is supposed to be lighter...

Franklin Richards should definitely be the focus if there is a crossover. The school should take interest in him. Maybe say that Phoenix was resurrected when the Surfer passed by and she comes back even more powerful than ever (flaming bird and all) and have her be the threat. The Four having experience with cosmic level threats would be a great help and so would Franklin Richards. Plus it would mean the return of Xavier and the Surfer is a great excuse for having the depowered mutants having their powers back (speaking of Magneto in particular).

:xmen: :up: :ff: That sounds awesome.

If not, Franklin Richards being a mutant would be all they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"