Should Fantastic Four had been set in the 1960's like X-Men: First Class?

Dude of Steel

Civilian
Reaction score
I know the original intention was to set the Fantastic Four in the same universe as X-Men, so that's why it takes place in modern times, but wouldn't it have been better to have set it in the 1960's like X-Men: First Class? The story could have revolved around the space race between the United States and Russia and Doctor Doom could have had a much better origin.

Could the movie have been better if it were a completely different movie? Yes.

I think Fox would have probably been better off doing it as a period piece, if only because they'd have probably been slightly more inclined to base it on some decent material. I think it's clear that the entire production was a debacle, though, and I doubt there was any hope of a decent version from these producers and execs. They simply don't understand the franchise.

Nope because now MARVEL can do this properly. Four strikes & Fox is out of the old ball ggggggggggaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee. Do I know will MARVEL make a good movie ? No I do not. But will MARVEL be more FAITHFUL ? YES THEY WILL

I don't see how setting the movie in the 60's would've helped making it a better movie.

Been defending that idea for years too.

I want the 616 FF current with the rest of the MCU DONE RIGHT!

No 60's nonsense.

What's nonsense? The 60s fit these characters well, and their best stories happened during that time.

The perfect opportunity to tell these stories:
WX0jqFE.jpg

AkjUp6p.jpg

x3Xg5SY.jpg

:oldrazz:

Maybe they could've combined 60's style with modern day style and made something a little more timeless. Like The Incredibles.

Well it couldn't have been worse than what they did. I am 92% certain of that. :woot:

No. Fantastic Four is about the future.

I don't see how setting the movie in the 60's would've helped making it a better movie.

It wouldn't.

Putting in the 60's wouldn't have made the story or movie better. It would've been just different shade of suck.

It would be extremely cool.

Its not the time period alone that makes Incredibles great, its the writing, story, and character dynamics.

This movie should have been set in a time when cameras to film this turd didn't exist.

Making it a period piece wouldn't fix the actual problems with the movie. And if you fixed those problems, the period piece would become irrelevant to its quality.

It might have made sense if FOX was truly able to cross them over with the X-Men.

At the very least, maybe the 80's to go as a companion piece to the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse film.

But as a standalone movie, I say no, it should have been set in modern day.

It should've been set in the stone age. No wait a minute. It was. Or that's when it feels like it was made: in the stone age of CBMs. :o

Love the idea. Especially after watching the garbage the Fox recently put out.
I read a fan idea that suggested that the FF were formed in the 60's. They fought some big monster and sucked him into a pocket dimension. They get sucked in with it, but find there way back in the modern Fox universe. Time hasn't changed for them so you get this fish out of water dynamic like Captain America. FF really should stay light and fun. Give it a sitcom vibe. Fox can put out genre movies like Marvel.

*Fantastic Four, fun light hearted comedy.
*Xmen, dark and gritty.
*Deadpool, violent comedy.
*Gambit, heist/bond style.
*Silver Surfer, Space opera.

I should run Fox ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"