World X-Men Trading Card Game Help

KobiKai

Civilian
Reaction score
Read this please

The X-Men Trading Card Game was a joint release of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (WotC), Marvel Entertainment (Marvel), and Twentieth Century Fox (Fox). All three companies involved with the game required that certain stipulations be met in the final product, which was more than slightly instrumental in the game's all-too-rapid demise. WotC, naturally, was responsible for the structural design of the game; Marvel was to provide artwork; and Fox determined the overall look of the characters depicted in the cards, to wit, the black leather outfits worn by the actors of Fox's 'X-Men' feature film. The game's only promotional cards even featured Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, Anna Paquin, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and James Marsden as their respective movie characters. The Hugh Jackman Wolverine card was distributed at cinemas to moviegoers purchasing tickets to 'X-Men' and the Halle Berry Storm card was given to customers at hobby and game shops. The remaining promotional actor cards were slated to be awarded as prizes at sanctioned X-Men TCG events, but neither tournaments nor competitive leagues were ever established. Consequently, these undistributed promo cards rank among the all-time most-difficult acquisitions in all of collectible gaming.

Now here's where i need help

I have every single card ever made for this collection in perfect condition and all placed in card protectors straight away. I even have the 6 promo cards including the hyper rare P04 Rogue card, everyone in perfect condition. To top it off i've even got the un-numbered promo that wikipedia knew nothing about, it was basically an advert card for the card game but to a collector it's just as important for a full set.
Now i've heard that there's possibly only 4 of the P04 Rogue cards in the world because they were gifts for semi-finalists in a certain competion.

So how much do you think they are worth and do you think i should sell now or give them to my baby son so he can sell them when he's an adult?

It's this part that got me thinking
Consequently, these undistributed promo cards rank among the all-time most-difficult acquisitions in all of collectible gaming

Hi,

I appreciate you posted this quite some time ago, do you still have the set?

Thanks in advance
Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"