Apocalypse X-Men TV series confirmed!

The show would be kind of a waste of time if it's not connected to the current movies, honestly.

I think the easiest option would be X-Factor Investigations, it lends itself to a more serialized format. Either use Quicksilver or Havok as the character that bridges the show to the movies and then introduce the rest of the team. Easy, peasy and you get to explore characters that haven't been introduced in the movie yet.

Or X-Force and say it's a covert team of mutant assassins, swat, etc. developed during the Vietnam war. It would be a great way to explain why they had a team of mutants in Vietnam in DOFP as well.

X-Force would work better as a action packed movie.

I would love to see X-Factor Investigation as a TV Series. But Val's X-Factor I would like to see as a movie.

X-Force as a TV show would be fun, especially if the X-Men retreat post-Apocalypse. Something set in the present would be best though, for budget if nothing else

I would shudder to think what costumes/wigs they would come up with a TV budget when they struggled with believable-looking wigs with a movie/blockbuster-sized budget.

Every mutant has the power to look like a normal person... ;)

I would shudder to think what costumes/wigs they would come up with a TV budget when they struggled with believable-looking wigs with a movie/blockbuster-sized budget.

Ikr. But that's y I'm more a fan of x academy

Wow... I haven't thought about that. I guess we'll get something like this:

6aeb9efe382c334482a3a503db35f4fb.jpg

10812137626_ea7773d841_m.jpg

I wonder what new characters/stories they'll use.

I'd propose a few episodes of the Savage Land, casting Jamie Dornan (50 Shades of Grey, The Fall, Once Upon A Time) as the guy in the loincloth in the 90s cartoon (sorry forgot his name: edit, never mind it's Ka-Zar)

jamie-dornan-hogan-thumbnail.jpg

jamie-dornan.jpg

His hidden land would be a great place to investigate right?

Last edited:
And I have a really hard time thinking of actors to play Northstar, but ever since watching How to Get Away with Murder (also popular from the Harry Potter franchise), I've thought Alfred Enoch would make a great Kyle Jinadu, whom Northstar married in Astonishing X-Men, #51, recently.. huge hit! highly reported in the media)

images

^ There's better images on the internet, but they're rather huge.

Last edited:
And Syrin! Banshee's daughter (Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood whom I believe Marvel has its dirty claws on)

220px-Deborah_Ann_Woll_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

She's playing Karen Page on the Daredevil Netflix show to be exact.

With the movies currently focusing on the past, I'd love to see a New Mutants series set in the present.

I wonder what new characters/stories they'll use.

I'd propose a few episodes of the Savage Land, casting Jamie Dornan (50 Shades of Grey, The Fall, Once Upon A Time) as the guy in the loincloth in the 90s cartoon (sorry forgot his name: edit, never mind it's Ka-Zar)

jamie-dornan-hogan-thumbnail.jpg

jamie-dornan.jpg

His hidden land would be a great place to investigate right?

Such a random actor to pick. He doesn't look like Ka-Zar (Ka-zar is blonde). :oldrazz:

But I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Dornan in *that* costume.
Just recently binging on "The Fall" show on Netflix. :woot:

The report indicates that it's going to be the X-Factor Investigations with Jamie Madrox.

Since Jamie Madrox was in Last Stand (and wasn't done well), I think we would have to assume that the series would be based in the present. Personally I don't think that is the best way to go as coming out with an X-Factor Investigations kind of hurts the chances of having prior X-Factor stuff.

IMO the best X-Factor is the government version with Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Quicksilver, Wolfsbane and then later, Forge.

Unfortunately, they kind of ruined Havok as far as timeline. I believe they could fix it by simply making the First Class Havok the Uncle (or father) of Scott and Alex. This way they could establish the proper older brother/younger brother relationship between Scott and Alex, and set up for a future X-Factor with Havok as the leader, and Polaris as his love interest...

I guess the X-Factor Investigations could be done in the present, which would allow for some previous X-Factor stories to be done in the past timelines. They could use Guido and Rhane as founding members and explain how they, and Jamie, were all part of the "original" X-Factor, from which they took their name. They could use Siryn, though she's difficult as her father, per canon, died in Project Wideawake. Rictor could be used, as well as M. Layla would be interesting, but her powers are kind of awkward for this medium...

Again, I feel there are better options, like my Excalibur concept set in the present using some of the X-Men OT cast, but we'll just have to wait and see.

first off this requires fox and marvel making deal.

As one who likes the teaser for FF and looks forward to film I don't see right now Fox giving away the FF rights to get one show approved.Plus there is no way of telling if a x show would do better in ratings than Gotham or agents of shield.Doing mutant powers means more In budget for special effects.

Has there been a recent report on it being X-Factor?

If Alphas can do respectable powers on a Syfy budget, I think Fox's show will be fine.

(And now I'm sad...)

I...miss...Alphas...it was my X-men fix...but now that we're getting an X-series, I can let go properly.

first off this requires fox and marvel making deal.

As one who likes the teaser for FF and looks forward to film I don't see right now Fox giving away the FF rights to get one show approved.Plus there is no way of telling if a x show would do better in ratings than Gotham or agents of shield.Doing mutant powers means more In budget for special effects.

Has there been a recent report on it being X-Factor?

If a trade was made, FOX wouldn't necessarily lose the cinematic rights before Fant4astic's release or even before the scheduled sequel. Marvel doesn't have room in its schedule until next decade.

I really wish they'd do an X-Men series with the original cast. Now that the movies are going younger, the original cast can pick up in the future where DOFP left off.

I think Marsden, Janssen, Ashmore, Paquin, Grammer, and Berry would all do TV. Some of them already have shows (that maybe will be ending in the next year).

Hugh Jackman can show up from time to time for sweeps episodes, premieres, and finales.

But it would give them a chance to spotlight different characters in each episode, and tell smaller stories. Not every adventure is about saving the world! I think this way, they could co-exist within the same universe as the movies.

All of the X-Men offshoots are just disappointing substitutes for the real thing.

As much as it would be cool to see more from the original cast, I don't think Fox should downgrade them to TV just because the upcoming X-Men team film is set in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"