Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

whats good fam hope all is well covid wise with family haven't seen you in a min onG5

I'm waiting for consumer reviews before I commit to buying the new xbox
Hey dude! All fine with me thanks. Family all staying safe and staying home as much as possible. Hope all well with you and yours?

I’ve been super busy with work this year but have started playing again. Will be trying to finish all the Gears 5 achievements too.

I had the chance to see a Series X demo (non-working) unit at my Best Buy the other day. My initial reaction was that it actually seemed smaller in person. Contrast that to the PS5 which is pretty darn big in person.

My dad, however, was less impressed with the Series X look. He said it was just a big, boring box. And I don't disagree with him on the Series X's nondescript visuals. My dad was, though, very impressed with the PS5 and thought it looked visually distinct and space-agey.
How much bigger is the PS5 than the XSX? Yeah, it could be described like that too haha. He’s not wrong, but I’m really surprised how much I love it. I’m pretty sure it’s my favourite ever design for a console.

Hey dude! All fine with me thanks. Family all staying safe and staying home as much as possible. Hope all well with you and yours?

I’ve been super busy with work this year but have started playing again. Will be trying to finish all the Gears 5 achievements too.

great to hear all new horde Operation next week character nerfs for all the people who complain about the meta character being OP

so don't come into horde lobbies with our BS sarah connor lolol

great to hear all new horde Operation next week character nerfs for all the people who complain about the meta character being OP

so don't come into horde lobbies with our BS sarah connor lolol
Which characters are getting weakened? I know they’ve raised the character level cap to 20 and detached characters from their class so you can pick and class and then choose the character skin you want to put on that.

JD no longer has explosive capacity only for grenades so with he nerf from OP4 and this he is severly hampered bbut not for a skillful guylike myself lol

not sure if you've played with a marcus lately but his headshot card couple with his ultimate he can wipe out entire waves on his how with his rfle feedback cared not it's will be time based not damage dealt

Kait's bleed card only workds within 5 m no longer can you "snipe" with overkill something I used to do not but she got a reorked cloak card where for efvey kill you get 5 secs added to the time and you get stim per shotgun kill they want you to really used that cloak garbage only time I used it is to revive or pick up tags in tight situations

Fahz crital damage at max is 140% not reduced to 100%

that' sjust the character s I like so but there are more

and Cole with his fire capabilities they broght back the scorcher flame thrower only good thing imo

excuse the spelling errors i'm a work not suppose to be on here lol

JD no longer has explosive capacity only for grenades so with he nerf from OP4 and this he is severly hampered bbut not for a skillful guylike myself lol

not sure if you've played with a marcus lately but his headshot card couple with his ultimate he can wipe out entire waves on his how with his rfle feedback cared not it's will be time based not damage dealt

Kait's bleed card only workds within 5 m no longer can you "snipe" with overkill something I used to do not but she got a reorked cloak card where for efvey kill you get 5 secs added to the time and you get stim per shotgun kill they want you to really used that cloak garbage only time I used it is to revive or pick up tags in tight situations

Fahz crital damage at max is 140% not reduced to 100%

that' sjust the character s I like so but there are more

and Cole with his fire capabilities they broght back the scorcher flame thrower only good thing imo
That’s painful for me. Kait and JD (and Lizzie and Emile) were the characters I focused on, and just spent a bunch of coins upgrading JD’s bleed. Kait’s cards that I use are also all level 6. :csad:

Great to see the scorcher back though. I’ll put this post in the Gears 5 thread too so we keep this one on Series X.

This is like growing trees. Even if you plant enough seeds to get your own rainforest, there still isn’t going to be anything too impressive after a couple of years. Trying to correct the exclusives issue has no quick fix. Many studios purchased are/were in the middle of other commitments and can’t even start on their next project. The problems stem from the Don Mattrick era and the future is the only thing that can get fixed. The present will be determined by events from too long ago and the Series X need to try stay afloat till all the studios pay dividends, while it battles with the burden of the Xbox One generation.
Oh, I totally understand and get that. It's just that, for launching a new console generation, the timing is just a bit off with the lack of content.

To continue the tree analogy. It's like you are opening up a new exhibit space in your public garden/park. But none of the trees, plants, or flowers are ready for opening day. You had one big "centerpiece" tree (Halo) that was supposed to be ready for the grand opening, but that's not ready either.

So, in its current state, with the trees and plants mere sprouts or even not out of the ground yet, the new garden exhibit isn't exactly impressive or inviting.

Sure, you can show off concept art and pictures of what the exhibit will look like a few years from now. But currently, it's not exactly an exhibit one would be eager to pay money to visit NOW.

And to make matters worse, for the past 3 or 4 years, you've been telling eager visitors to just "Wait. Wait. Wait." So, it's understandable if the public is getting a bit impatient.

And that's kind of how I'm feeling. Content wise, for new exclusives, there really isn't that much reason to get the Series X now. Makes more sense to just wait a few years until those trees (games) have matured (released).

Oh, I totally understand and get that. It's just that, for launching a new console generation, the timing is just a bit off with the lack of content.

To continue the tree analogy. It's like you are opening up a new exhibit space in your public garden/park. But none of the trees, plants, or flowers are ready for opening day. You had one big "centerpiece" tree (Halo) that was supposed to be ready for the grand opening, but that's not ready either.

So, in its current state, with the trees and plants mere sprouts or even not out of the ground yet, the new garden exhibit isn't exactly impressive or inviting.

Sure, you can show off concept art and pictures of what the exhibit will look like a few years from now. But currently, it's not exactly an exhibit one would be eager to pay money to visit NOW.

And to make matters worse, for the past 3 or 4 years, you've been telling eager visitors to just "Wait. Wait. Wait." So, it's understandable if the public is getting a bit impatient.

And that's kind of how I'm feeling. Content wise, for new exclusives, there really isn't that much reason to get the Series X now. Makes more sense to just wait a few years until those trees (games) have matured (released).
This is all true but that is the situation they are trying to fix. After the X1 failure there was doubt whether Microsoft would even stay in gaming, especially hardware production. The new CEO specifically asked the question why they were in that sector. But Phil Spencer was given a chance and hardware improved very quickly with the X1X being far superior to the original overpriced XB1. Following that and a disaster recovery along with the proposition of gamepass, he then got proper backing from on high and they started buying studios in 2018 to start the long fix on first party content. It's still too recent even for those studios they bought first to provide significant yields, nevermind the ones that came later. Going from barebones to 23 studios within 2 years, including the likes of Obsidian and Bethesda, shows full commitment to the future though that has not been there since Xbox first came on the scene. The Microsoft of 2020 won't be letting another Bioware slip through their fingers.

This is all true but that is the situation they are trying to fix. After the X1 failure there was doubt whether Microsoft would even stay in gaming, especially hardware production. The new CEO specifically asked the question why they were in that sector. But Phil Spencer was given a chance and hardware improved very quickly with the X1X being far superior to the original overpriced XB1. Following that and a disaster recovery along with the proposition of gamepass, he then got proper backing from on high and they started buying studios in 2018 to start the long fix on first party content. It's still too recent even for those studios they bought first to provide significant yields, nevermind the ones that came later. Going from barebones to 23 studios within 2 years, including the likes of Obsidian and Bethesda, shows full commitment to the future though that has not been there since Xbox first came on the scene. The Microsoft of 2020 won't be letting another Bioware slip through their fingers.
The MS of 2020 is definitely in a better position going forward than the MS of 2013.

However, I certainly wouldn't fault anyone who decided to wait a few years before getting the Series X. In fact, I'm half-inclined to just cancel my order and wait. Realistically, there isn't any must-have title for me to get a Series X for right now. Especially now that I have a PS5 which will occupy most of my playing time anyways.

The MS of 2020 is definitely in a better position going forward than the MS of 2013.

However, I certainly wouldn't fault anyone who decided to wait a few years before getting the Series X. In fact, I'm half-inclined to just cancel my order and wait. Realistically, there isn't any must-have title for me to get a Series X for right now. Especially now that I have a PS5 which will occupy most of my playing time anyways.
Yeah, that's fair too. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people are doing the same.

Yeah, that's fair too. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people are doing the same.
Yeah.

Dropping $500 ($600 including tax and warranty) on a new console that will likely get little use due to the current lack of content (for me) isn't the most practical thing to do. If Fable, Avowed, Killer Instinct 2, or Elder Scrolls 6 were launching now or within the 1st year, it would be a different story. But that's not the case.

It's good that my order won't ship until mid-December, as that will give me time to try out my PS5 and decide if I want to keep my Series X order or not.

I will also need to buy a new tv with all the new gaming tech for my new media room upgrade, along with other furniture for that media room. So that will be more big expenses coming up.

Yeah.

Dropping $500 ($600 including tax and warranty) on a new console that will likely get little use due to the current lack of content (for me) isn't the most practical thing to do. If Fable, Avowed, Killer Instinct 2, or Elder Scrolls 6 were launching now or within the 1st year, it would be a different story. But that's not the case.

It's good that my order won't ship until mid-December, as that will give me time to try out my PS5 and decide if I want to keep my Series X order or not.

I will also need to buy a new tv with all the new gaming tech for my new media room upgrade, along with other furniture for that media room. So that will be more big expenses coming up.
Sounds like a whole bunch of expenses at the same time, but at least you’ll have a great setup after all that. It would be great if all the games mentioned came out within a 2 year period, say 2022-24, along with a whole bunch of other Xbox studio releases. I’m a bit worried that Microsoft don’t realise they’re on to a good thing with Killer Instinct. For me that can stand alongside the recent efforts from other classic fighting game franchises and they should take advantage.

Sounds like a whole bunch of expenses at the same time, but at least you’ll have a great setup after all that. It would be great if all the games mentioned came out within a 2 year period, say 2022-24, along with a whole bunch of other Xbox studio releases. I’m a bit worried that Microsoft don’t realise they’re on to a good thing with Killer Instinct. For me that can stand alongside the recent efforts from other classic fighting game franchises and they should take advantage.
Yeah, it's a shame about Killer Instinct. Hopefully they will keep it going with another entry on the Series X. But that is just one of many examples of games that got released on Xbox One but failed to receive support and follow up. A Killer Instinct 2 would have been an awesome launch title for the Series X and it would have helped to make a more compelling case for me to get a Series X now at launch.

Speaking of which, I decided to cancel my Series X order (before they shipped it and charged my card). Simply put, there is no practical reason for me to get the Series X at this point in time, and it would have been a total waste of $500+. Maybe in a few years, once the big exclusives start coming out and/or MS buys up more studios that matter to me, then the Series X will give me a reason to get it. But right now, that is simply not the case. I feel like there needs to be at least 4 or 5 solid titles exclusive to the Xbox that interest me that would justify getting the console. So, until then, I will be content playing on my new PS5.

Also, the timeline for getting my media room setup has been moved up by several months. Originally, it was going to be a project for next Spring. But I have the opportunity now to start working on it. I may still hold off getting a new tv until next Spring when the 2021 models start coming out. But I can get the other furniture now and have pretty much everything setup by the end of the year.

So, the funds and resources will be better spent on that than on the Series X right now.

Yeah, it's a shame about Killer Instinct. Hopefully they will keep it going with another entry on the Series X. But that is just one of many examples of games that got released on Xbox One but failed to receive support and follow up. A Killer Instinct 2 would have been an awesome launch title for the Series X and it would have helped to make a more compelling case for me to get a Series X now at launch.

Speaking of which, I decided to cancel my Series X order (before they shipped it and charged my card). Simply put, there is no practical reason for me to get the Series X at this point in time, and it would have been a total waste of $500+. Maybe in a few years, once the big exclusives start coming out and/or MS buys up more studios that matter to me, then the Series X will give me a reason to get it. But right now, that is simply not the case. I feel like there needs to be at least 4 or 5 solid titles exclusive to the Xbox that interest me that would justify getting the console. So, until then, I will be content playing on my new PS5.

Also, the timeline for getting my media room setup has been moved up by several months. Originally, it was going to be a project for next Spring. But I have the opportunity now to start working on it. I may still hold off getting a new tv until next Spring when the 2021 models start coming out. But I can get the other furniture now and have pretty much everything setup by the end of the year.

So, the funds and resources will be better spent on that than on the Series X right now.
Sounds like an exciting project. The above makes sense. I think the Series X will be a better option for you from 2022-2-4ish. By then a tonne of games will have started coming out on gamepass and the console will also be cheaper (with any launch issues ironed out).

Sounds like an exciting project. The above makes sense. I think the Series X will be a better option for you from 2022-2-4ish. By then a tonne of games will have started coming out on gamepass and the console will also be cheaper (with any launch issues ironed out).
yep. and by then, we may even be due for a mid-cycle refresh. So, perhaps a Series X Slim or a Series X (X?).

also, I will have to see what my time commitment towards gaming will be like in a few years. By then, I will have finished grad school and will hopefully have a new career. Also, hopefully a family of my own by then.

So, I don't know how much time (or energy) I'll have to devote to gaming in a few years, and I already have less time and energy now to game as my priorities have shifted. Which is why, ideally, I only want to own one main console for the next gen. And all things considered, my choice would be the PS5.

yep. and by then, we may even be due for a mid-cycle refresh. So, perhaps a Series X Slim or a Series X (X?).

also, I will have to see what my time commitment towards gaming will be like in a few years. By then, I will have finished grad school and will hopefully have a new career. Also, hopefully a family of my own by then.

So, I don't know how much time (or energy) I'll have to devote to gaming in a few years, and I already have less time and energy now to game as my priorities have shifted. Which is why, ideally, I only want to own one main console for the next gen. And all things considered, my choice would be the PS5.
Good luck on the grad school and family front. Hopefully you still have time for gaming when you are working again too. A lot of my friends have busy careers and kids but still game quite a bit so there’s hope out there. :cwink:

Also yes, by then a mid console refresh is likely and that is when I think Xbox might finally start competing again with the games lineup starting to deliver.

Good luck on the grad school and family front. Hopefully you still have time for gaming when you are working again too. A lot of my friends have busy careers and kids but still game quite a bit so there’s hope out there. :cwink:

Also yes, by then a mid console refresh is likely and that is when I think Xbox might finally start competing again with the games lineup starting to deliver.
Thanks, man.

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever give up gaming totally. It's been my main form of entertainment for the past 30+ years. And you always need some way to unwind and relax. So, I'll find time for it.

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever give up gaming totally. It's been my main form of entertainment for the past 30+ years. And you always need some way to unwind and relax. So, I'll find time for it.
Yeah, there will always be some leisure time, even better if your other half enjoys it too. And within that leisure time it depends whether you want to read books/comics, watch films/TV, do sport, watch sport etc. If gaming is high on that list then there should easily be time for it. Sometimes a career can take less time energy than grad school anyway haha.

Yeah, there will always be some leisure time, even better if your other half enjoys it too. And within that leisure time it depends whether you want to read books/comics, watch films/TV, do sport, watch sport etc. If gaming is high on that list then there should easily be time for it. Sometimes a career can take less time energy than grad school anyway haha.
It would be nice if my significant other likes gaming, too. Even better if she's Team Playstation! :D

And I really don't have other leisure activities besides gaming, other than watching some shows on tv and online or listening to music. Oh, and coming here on the Hype to chat. :o

It would be nice if my significant other likes gaming, too. Even better if she's Team Playstation! :D

And I really don't have other leisure activities besides gaming, other than watching some shows on tv and online or listening to music. Oh, and coming here on the Hype to chat. :o
Yeah, always a bonus haha.

Even without, things like Hyping and listening to music can be done at the same time. There's not enough time for everything so I focus my TV shows (and to a lesser extent films) for eg more narrowly on the genres I prefer. I usually have the laptop/tablet/phone open when gaming in case I need any tips/walkthroughs/strategies but it means I can Hype at the same time. In fact I'm doing that right now. Playing Shadow of War on my main pc, doing some repetitive gameplay on Gears 5 to get more XP on a separate TV, and posting on the Hype at the same time. :D

Yeah, always a bonus haha.

Even without, things like Hyping and listening to music can be done at the same time. There's not enough time for everything so I focus my TV shows (and to a lesser extent films) for eg more narrowly on the genres I prefer. I usually have the laptop/tablet/phone open when gaming in case I need any tips/walkthroughs/strategies but it means I can Hype at the same time. In fact I'm doing that right now. Playing Shadow of War on my main pc, doing some repetitive gameplay on Gears 5 to get more XP on a separate TV, and posting on the Hype at the same time. :D
Multitasking FTW!!! :highfive:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"