Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

FS is also the perfect game for Gamepass. It's the type of game that I'm unsure about but can try out on Gamepass before deciding to buy the full game if I want to own it.

I just hope it's not too technical and that it can be enjoyed casually. Hopefully the console version will make it easier for a casual player like myself to just pick up and fly around.
Yeah, if you’re not in the skies within a couple of minutes of starting then they’ve mucked up on accessibility. Forza Horizon is so easily pick up and play that I have been getting quite far on it even while very busy!

Yeah, if you’re not in the skies within a couple of minutes of starting then they’ve mucked up on accessibility. Forza Horizon is so easily pick up and play that I have been getting quite far on it even while very busy!
Yep! And that's why I love the open world concept of Forza Horizon (vs the racing focus of Motorsport). You can just drive around and enjoy the gorgeous the scenery!

Yep! And that's why I love the open world concept of Forza Horizon (vs the racing focus of Motorsport). You can just drive around and enjoy the gorgeous the scenery!
Yeah, the option to fast travel - I never take it. I’m too stingy to waste the credits, but also I just love driving around the beautiful environments. Also 4 is set in England and part of it in Edinburgh which I know well. Loved seeing various parts that I recognise.

Also, I just want to say how much I appreciate how Target is now handling the ordering process for these new consoles. I don't know if it's just for the Xbox consoles or if it also applies to the PS5s. But their process of making consoles available to order at the local stores as stock becomes available is so much better than what every other retailer seems to be doing.

Yeah, the option to fast travel - I never take it. I’m too stingy to waste the credits, but also I just love driving around the beautiful environments. Also 4 is set in England and part of it in Edinburgh which I know well. Loved seeing various parts that I recognise.
Yes. That's right! I wondered about that if you would be able to see locations that you recognize. I think that's always a neat touch and something I'm actually looking forward to in Flight Simulator.

In fact, as I'm driving around my town, I find myself asking if that will be in Flight Simulator.....haha.

Yes. That's right! I wondered about that if you would be able to see locations that you recognize. I think that's always a neat touch and something I'm actually looking forward to in Flight Simulator.

In fact, as I'm driving around my town, I find myself asking if that will be in Flight Simulator.....haha.
They should cross the two over so you can fly over and meet me in my Forza Horizon car in the UK. :D

I had no idea FH4 was set here and it took me a while more to realise Edinburgh was in the game. Places I’ve stayed I could recognise the roads. Really fun to drive around areas you know.

They should cross the two over so you can fly over and meet me in my Forza Horizon car in the UK. :D

I had no idea FH4 was set here and it took me a while more to realise Edinburgh was in the game. Places I’ve stayed I could recognise the roads. Really fun to drive around areas you know.
Ooh!! Planes in a Forza Horizon game??! Well, it does have Horizon in its name after all. :D

Ooh!! Planes in a Forza Horizon game??! Well, it does have Horizon in its name after all. :D
Horizon is the key word for the next gen graphical showcases - FS, FH5 and HFW. :cwink:

Hideo Kojima’s deal with Xbox reaches key milestone

Hideo Kojima and Microsoft have signed a letter of intent that states the two parties intend to work out the details on a publishing agreement for a new Xbox game, according to sources familiar with the matter. This is a key step in the negotiations between the Metal Gear Solid creator and the Xbox company. This signifies that both parties have agreed to a generalized deal while lawyers continue hashing out the finer points.
Last week, Microsoft announced that it had hired Portal and Left4Dead developer Kim Swift to oversee partnerships for cloud-based games. Swift most recently worked at Google’s cloud-gaming service Stadia. Microsoft hired her with the purpose of assisting in making Kojima’s cloud game a reality.

'Alpha Point' UE5 Demo: Unlocking Artist Potential (Presented by Epic Games - Unreal Engine)

The Coalition will debut a UE5 Technical Demo “Alpha Point” on Xbox Series X, created to internally evaluate UE5. The talk will cover the learnings the team had while creating Nanite-resolution assets and incorporating them into a fully real-time lighting scenario with Lumen and Virtual Shadow Maps. Performance and memory observations will be covered for Xbox Series X and S, as well as VFX, Blueprint, material setup, Temporal Super Resolution, and Virtual Texture findings. The Coalition will also cover some preliminary findings on next-gen character creation and MetaHumans integration, demoing a next-generation character test running on Xbox Series X.

Well, the Xbox Series consoles will be getting at least one new fighter next year. KOF XV was just confirmed for Q1 22 release on PS5/4, Series X/S, and PC (Steam/Epic).

Curiously, no Xbox One version even though there's a PS4 version. But hey, it's good news it's coming to the Series X/S! It would have been (yet) another blow to Xbox fighting fans if it skipped the Xbox consoles entirely. So at least this is a step in the right direction.

I think its cool that they are opening studios in other continents.

I don't know any game publisher that has a studio in South America and Africa. Sony and Ubisoft both have studios scattered in North America, Asia and Europe - but not South America and Africa.
Yeah, I’d love to see the industry make progress in these other continents. It should in the long term give us additional games with a very different flavour to what we’re used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"