Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

but then, wouldn't you lose access to all your digital games, DLC, achievements, etc.? all of that is tied to your account, isn't it?

..Good point! Maybe I'll stick with my xbo account after all

yes. and it's always nice, when possible, to get an entire gaming series on one console, even though the series spans multiple console generations.
It’s quite motivational for eg to go on true achievements.com and look up an entire gaming series and look at your progress for all games in a particular series since inception. I want to complete all the games in most of the main ongoing series.

Yeah you can change your gamertag if you want. That doesn’t give you a clean slate but at least you get the name change if you want that, while keeping all your digital games and DLC.

yeah. I've done something similar in the past where I started a brand new account on the X1, compared to the one I was using on my 360. However, I didn't really have much built up or tied to that old account, so I didn't mind a fresh start.

however, with all that I have built up on my current account in terms of digital games, saves, history, achievements, etc., I would NOT want to start all over with a brand new account.

if you want a different gamer tag, you can always change that on your existing account (think the first change is free, after that it costs $5.00 or something).

It’s quite motivational for eg to go on true achievements.com and look up an entire gaming series and look at your progress for all games in a particular series since inception. I want to complete all the games in most of the main ongoing series.
I'd really love to be able to play all Final Fantasy games on one console. or all Persona games on one console. it bugs me that they are spread out over so many different generations AND console families.

Yeah true but I don't care about achievements and so it was cool to start all new for a new console with XBO. I still don't care about achievements but have become mostly digital since then and so I've build up a whole lot of stuff into my account

Yeah true but I don't care about achievements and so it was cool to start all new for a new console with XBO. I still don't care about achievements but have become mostly digital since then and so I've build up a whole lot of stuff into my account
that's the one downside about digital games. Unless there is a way to transfer them from one account to another, they are locked to that one account.

and now, it's not just digital games, but digital services like Live and Game Pass. they are all tied to your account.

I'd really love to be able to play all Final Fantasy games on one console. or all Persona games on one console. it bugs me that they are spread out over so many different generations AND console families.
Yeah, different console families definitely bugs me but not much is going to be done about that anytime soon. At least different generations can be solved by full back catalogue BC.

man, that was kinda creepy.

the imagery in the trailer reminded me of the concept art from Mass Effect 2

reaver_construction.jpg

Reminds me of Prometheus and Alien: Covenant

I don't like Scorn being a FPS game, but the visuals and atmosphere are definitely eye-catching.

I'll be interested to learn what the actual story of the game is. Hope it has really good lore.

Possibly the new Xbox Store design.

Is the Xbox June event postponed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"