Iron Man World Yea, the Iron Man bug bit me... WIP Pics

IronManSculptor

Civilian
Reaction score
I started to sculpt a helmet, I only have an hour and 15 minutes in to it and I know I am a slow sculptor, but here is the progress so far... Going to make the eyes a lot more narrow with more of a, "kick your tush" look to it, round off the brow a bit more, maybe finish the jaw and the rest of the helmet...

The general shape is coming together pretty well considering the time invested to this point... I think so anyhow...
PICT0182.jpg

PICT0183.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

Just a quick update - another few minutes. Can't wait to get this thing done this week when I can put more than 20 minutes a time in to it...
PICT0192.jpg

PICT0193.jpg

PICT0199.jpg

PICT0200.jpg

Looks good so far, keep up the good work!

Ok here is the good news and the bad news - Good news is here is some updates - the bad news, I have to resculpt it - it fell, the clay shifted, and didn't comp for it, so it's not sitting straight on the face underneath, and there is no way that you'd be ale to see out of it, and it wold take more time to try to fix it, than the couple of hours it took to just sculpt the original... So, You're going to see a new sculpt here in a day or so.
PICT0201.jpg

PICT0202.jpg

PICT0203.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

PICT0205.jpg

Nice the eyes definitely have the "kick your tush" look to them.keep up the good work are you planning an entire suit? 5'7" 155#'s if you need measurements to work with

Nice the eyes definitely have the "kick your tush" look to them.keep up the good work are you planning an entire suit? 5'7" 155#'s if you need measurements to work with

LoL thanks... Yea I am going to make this suit eventually - and make it to fit an array of different sized people.

Just a quick update - I pulled these on the 17th and have really been swamped with other work - I am really thinking about switching gears and doing a War Machine suit just because it's a bigger suit, and there are a lot of us who are bigger guys... The pulls aren't sanded or anything just yet, I was toying with some gun metal powder from Alumilite and they work amazingly well - I just wish the pics showed them the justice they deserve... Also in the pic you'll notice the outline for the rest of the helmet... I have to wait for the face plate to come back from my tech before I sculpt the rest of the helmet to accom. for the wiring and servo placement, so this is going to be a big project - be it the Iron Man and/or the War Machine.

But here are the first pulls...
PICT0237.jpg

PICT0238.jpg

PICT0256.jpg

PICT0258.jpg

PICT0259.jpg

PICT0261.jpg

PICT0262.jpg

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0264.jpg

Once you finished the sculpt how do you cast theface plate and the rest of the helmet? is it cast all together the theface plate is cut away or is it two different casts?

Yea it's going to be two separate pieces. I have to send it to my tech in Berkeley and he's going to attach all the hardware, then I am going to put everything on a form and sculpt around it.

very cool it sounds like a lot of time and effort are put into something like this. the quality of your work certainly shows all of this.remember 5'6" 155#'s let me know when your ready for my test fit

Nice Faceplates, what did you use for casting, looks like some sort of rotocast plastic or maybe tinted resin. It'll be nice to see the rest of this helmet sculpted out. Great work so far keep it up.

Been a week or so since I've been here - Oops...

The resin is a pourable liquid resin, I just slushed it around to get those two test pieces. I'll prob. be using a brush-on resin from Smooth-On called "Shell Shock" or another type from Alumilite that I am waiting for. Stuff is amazingly thing and even more amazingly strong... It's awesome. The tint on the silver mask is actually an Alumilite Gun-Metal resin coloring powder and is awesome to work with. If you check them out, go to www.Alumilite.com and get the contact info, ask for Carol - she's amazing there.

Looks good can't wait to see when you sculpt the rest of the helmet. The only thing that I can see that might be wrong is in the pictures it looks like the screw holes at the top of the face plate are closer to the outside of the face plate when they should be in the center. I can't tell if that is what that is or if it just looks that way in the pictures. Other than that it looks good and keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I think your costumes are really cool razabang. how did you make that extremis like chest piece?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"