'Yellowjackets'

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

Part survival epic, part psychological horror story and part coming-of-age drama, this is the story of a team of wildly talented high school girls’ soccer players who survive a plane crash deep in the remote northern wilderness. The series chronicles their descent from a complicated but thriving team to savage clans, while also tracking the lives they’ve attempted to piece back together 25 years later. What began in the wilderness is far from over. Starring Melanie Lynskey, Tawny Cypress, with Christina Ricci and Juliette Lewis

I need to see this now.

First episode airs tomorrow but is already available on demand.

I watched it last night and was pleasantly surprised.

Solid writing and acting, even though a lot of the episode was pre crash and setting the stage. The next episode should be interesting with more of the post crash being shown.

Really really hoping this gets a second season.

This and Mayor of Kingstown are the most entertaining new shows out right now and I am honestly shocked by how much I've been enjoying this so far. I'd even put it slightly above Dexter right now although I'm more of a gorehound aswell and if your a horror fan you should definitely check it out.

The awkward chemistry between Juliet Lewis and Christina Ricci is all kinds of amazing too lol.

Last edited:
I see it's received a 'Critics Choice' nomination for Best Drama Series.

Teen or older version? Both pretty creepy, but fascinating.:wow:
Both, but I've always been a Christina Ricci fan anyways. She's so great in this, just like she was in that Lizzie Borden show she did a while back. :)

This is one of those shows that starts off pretty good but gets better and better as it goes on.
I'm very happy it got renewed, it completely deserves it.

As for Misty, she was pretty far out there right from the start, but she's gone full on bonkers now.:wow:

Finally caught up, now who the hell is Adam?

Was not prepared for how good Christina Ricci is. Misty is the highlight of the show for me along with lingering mystery of it all.

EDIT props to Samantha Hanratty as well as young Misty too, she's amazing.

I just hope it doesn't end up being

Misty being the one who's pulling all the strings like causing that plane explosion. She's too good a character to just be outright evil.

This week's episode was creepy as hell, and I love how this show just randomly leans hard into the horror at times when you least expect it and is pretty much relentless with it until the end.

This is definitely not a show that will be for everyone, but I really hope we get a Season 2. I have no idea what's going to happen in the finale, but its easily one of the most interesting shows to hit cable tv in a while IMO.

This week's episode was creepy as hell, and I love how this show just randomly leans hard into the horror at times when you least expect it and is pretty much relentless with it until the end.

This is definitely not a show that will be for everyone, but I really hope we get a Season 2. I have no idea what's going to happen in the finale, but its easily one of the most interesting shows to hit cable tv in a while IMO.
EW has already announced we will be getting a second season. :D Hope they don't leave us with a cliffhanger in the finale.

I was promised canonbalism in the first episode I expect that in season finale I would be seriously bummed if that gets pushed back to s2

Thats what they trying to hide from getting out to the public

I was promised canonbalism in the first episode I expect that in season finale I would be seriously bummed if that gets pushed back to s2

Thats what they trying to hide from getting out to the public

If it was just cannibalism I think they could cope with it, but from what we saw in Ep. 1 it appeared to be murder/cannibalism.
Just speculating now, but I'll put it as a spoiler...

It definitely looked like a ritualistic hunt/kill. Maybe every time when they got hungry enough they chose a new "prey". I also wouldn't be surprised if they made the "shrooms" a part of the ritual to help lower inhibitions

If it was just cannibalism I think they could cope with it, but from what we saw in Ep. 1 it appeared to be murder/cannibalism.
Just speculating now, but I'll put it as a spoiler...

It definitely looked like a ritualistic hunt/kill. Maybe every time when they got hungry enough they chose a new "prey". I also wouldn't be surprised if they made the "shrooms" a part of the ritual to help lower inhibitions

i think the first one will be jackie they all hate her minus shauna

Just watched the season finale and the last 10 minutes was pretty crazy.

I didn't think it was possible, but it appears Misty might not be the most insane character on the show after all.:wow:

Definitely more new questions came up in the finale than were answered. For the longest time it appeared there were 5 survivors from what we saw, (Misty, Shauna, Taissa, Natalie and Travis) as those were the only ones we saw or heard about in present day, but now we know there is at least 6.

Still digesting this episode, but I'm glad we are definitely getting a 2nd season, ending it like that would have been maddening otherwise.

Just watched the season finale and the last 10 minutes was pretty crazy.

I didn't think it was possible, but it appears Misty might not be the most insane character on the show after all.:wow:

Definitely more new questions came up in the finale than were answered. For the longest time it appeared there were 5 survivors from what we saw, (Misty, Shauna, Taissa, Natalie and Travis) as those were the only ones we saw or heard about in present day, but now we know there is at least 6.

Still digesting this episode, but I'm glad we are definitely getting a 2nd season, ending it like that would have been maddening otherwise.
Wow, just wow. I agree about the last ten minutes. So glad this did get renewed. :D I want to watch it through again knowing what I know now.

I was interested in this but then I heard what happened in the finale and it's a pass.

Really don't care for the kill the dog/cat/pet trope. It's tired and not something I tolerate anymore.

It's too bad because this sounded like a good show but I just can't when they do things like that.

This is such an amazing show. I’m honestly surprised I haven’t seen more people talking about it.
I can’t wait for season 2. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"