You know what's been bugging me?

Compi716

The SHH! Jew
Reaction score
I was thinking...Sandman's family was added to make him more "sympathetic." Here's the thing, though: there was enough sympathy in Sandman's first appearance in Spider-Man! He held the high school hostage because he never got a high school diploma. Come ON! That's good stuff right there! A good writer could have turned that into "sympathetic gold."

Just been on my mind...

they also wanted to tie it in with uncle ben.

have him kill uncle ben for some robbery money and that's why the sick daughter angle was one that worked for them.

it's just sloppy.

Okay, the Uncle Ben thing while forced was a much better thing than a no high school diploma. How stupid would that be in a film? This big villain, beating the crap out of spidey.

"What do you want?!"

"My high school diploma!"

God, I would be laughing my ass off.

Why couldn't he have just hurt aunt may or something accidentally in a fight with spider-man? Or scare her into a heart attack. She didn't do much in the movie anyway, that way it would've had nothing to do with uncle ben...

Just my opinion,but I really felt he was not needed in Spidey 3. Goblin and Venom would've worked out fine.

Why couldn't he have just hurt aunt may or something accidentally in a fight with spider-man? Or scare her into a heart attack. She didn't do much in the movie anyway, that way it would've had nothing to do with uncle ben...
I agree with that. Having Sandman be Uncle Ben's killer just ruined the origin of Spider-Man. I think it would be a whole lot better if Sandman did something bad to Aunt May while fighting Spider-Man - just like you said.

it didnt' ruin the origin, it did add a new element to it tho. honestly i could have done without it being included, since the producers wish to connect the villains emotionally to peter for some reason, but really i don't mind. i accept the movies how they are, however i wish they would churn out an extended or a directors cut of 3 with eddie and sandmans characters being more fleshed out, maybe some more info on the symbiote (mainly how eddie gets peters memories) and some more action with sandman in the sewer and armored car. there just wasn't enough of him in the whole movie

Sandman and Harry could of worked. Remove the symbiote storyline completely. Maybe introduce Brock. Set him up there.

Just my opinion,but I really felt he was not needed in Spidey 3. Goblin and Venom would've worked out fine.
I don't think Sandman OR Venom were necessary for #3. The conflict between Spider-Man and Harry as the new Green Goblin should have been more than enough to sustain the film.

I don't think Sandman OR Venom were necessary for #3. The conflict between Spider-Man and Harry as the new Green Goblin should have been more than enough to sustain the film.
That's actually true. And maybe introduce another character that will take over Oscorp when Harry dies. Like Adrian Toomes, Roderick Kingsley, or Felicia Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"