Your Favorite Norman Osborn?

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by Hobgoblin, Aug 29, 2012.

?

Which Norman Osborn do you prefer?

1. The victim.

2. The monster.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

Norman, in my opinion, has been written two ways over the years: the unfortunate, amnesiac victim of an experiment gone wrong (pre-impalement) and the fully aware, in control psychopath (post resurrection).

I can appreciate the tragedy of Norman being forced to live with the consequences of his ambition but I really love the cold, spiteful bastard that embraces the power that the Goblin formula granted.

Lizard is a sympathetic villain because Connors was a decent man at his core but Norman is power hungry and ruthless and was granted the means to even more power. That is a dangerous combination.

2. Smoke87 Registered

hmmm, I do prefer the the monstrous psychopath. Cruel, cold and calculating. Spectacular spider-man did a great one. I also love seeing him wrestle mentally with the goblin driving him insane and feeding off his already unstable psyche.

3. Sarcastic Fan King of Hell

He was also a monster pre-amnesia. Read the Ditko comics, and #39 and #40 before he got the amnesia. He was no victim.

4. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

True but only to a point. Remember the drug issues, where Spidey forced Goblin to see Harry suffering from his drug addiction? He got so upset that he cried and fainted. No way would post death Norman do that. He did threaten to kill his own grandson after all.

5. zeptron Registered

The monster. Almost every adaptation of Norman portrayed him as good and the Goblin bad. It was refreshing for Spectacular Spider-man to portray him as a not so nice guy who will even break his own son's leg to frame him and cover up his crimes. It was also how he was portrayed in the original Lee/Ditko comics.

6. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

I dunno. He did tackle Dr Winkler as the Kingpin was going to kill Gwen and George Stacy at OsCorp. That was pretty selfless of him.

[​IMG]

#6 Hobgoblin, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  7. Sarcastic Fan King of Hell

To be honest, I don't think Lee/Ditko's Goblin would have cried like that either. Keep in mind why that story was written in the first. Yes, it was for very noble reasons, but it got a bit preachy and that was one moment that even for that period I thought was a bit out of character.

8. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

See my post above.

9. Sarcastic Fan King of Hell

He had also had amnesia and his "wires crossed" at the time. This wasn't too long after he suffered a massive shock. Electrical shocks can alter behavior a bit.

10. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

Now you're just reaching. :oldrazz:

11. Sarcastic Fan King of Hell

Not really, this is scientifically true.

12. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I see Norman as the control freak and the monster, that's how he should be
    He loves his son, and that's the only human thing about him
    Leading to Sins Past
    I think after he got shocked Norman's mind went out of its natural self and he behaved different, not his actual heart desire