The Defenders Your favorite solo Defenders series?

1) DD S1
2) JJ
3) DD S2
4) IF
5) LC

Sorry Luke, I find the second half of LC to be worst than IF first half.

Everything went downhill after cottonmouth died.

Jessica Jones is my favorite mostly because it's the most re-watchable for me. Daredevil S2 is a close second for Punisher plotline alone.

As for the rest of it, there are pros and cons to each. I don't see myself ever rewatching IF or the second half of Luke Cage. Might skim the Elektra episodes of DD to prepare for Defenders.

Daredevil. It introduced me to my second favorite superhero of all time. Matt Murdock is a character that I relate to and look up to a lot as a person, even though he isn't real. I'll be honest, I'm gonna be watching Defenders mostly for DD:cwink:

Full disclosure, I haven't seen Iron Fist (not that interested) and I stopped watching Luke Cage after Cottonmouth got killed off because I heard it just went downhill from there and he was easily my favorite part of the show. I'll get back to it and finish it eventually... someday.

My favorite is easily Jessica Jones though. The most unique and entertaining of the bunch, imo.

Tough question. There are pros and cons to each. I definitely had the most fun watching Iron Fist but I wish they had spent more time in Kun Lun and given him his costume.

Jessica Jones is I think the most well done, unfortunately I think it lacked connections to the wider universe.

Daredevil is great, but it is a very traditional superhero show. I tend to prefer a bit of variety usually. I thought Season 2 was a small step back.

Luke Cage is the opposite of Jessica Jones - it does the world building very well but the dialogue and characters aren't done as well.

Daredevil, then Luke Cage. I can't decide which I disliked more between Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. I think Iron Fist was the weaker show, but I had such high expectations for JJ and was so disappointed, that's almost worse.

For me, Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 are the absolute best Marvel has to offer and may be the most successful adaption of comic book material in terms of tone and character. I know Season 2 didn't wow everybody after those first 4 episodes, but I love the Elektra and Hand stuff as much or maybe even more than the Punisher stuff. Seeing Daredevil fight bunch of ninjas is something I never thought I'd see in live action (even animation). It's like watching a miracle every time.

Agreed, the first two seasons are way ahead of the rest for me although I thought Luke Cage wasnt bad overall either to be fair, couldnt get through JJ and Iron Fist was a grind to get through and such a disappointment. Cant wait for The Defenders though as I feel as a group JJ and IF will work better.

Daredevil S2 and S1 are basically tied. Both are just really solid.
Jessica Jones is second as it felt very cohesive and good. Didn't have a huge dip in the middle (though it still had one).
Luke Cage was really great till a certain character got killed off.

Iron Fist was the worst. Just didn't have any stakes to it. Hoping the second season is better.

None. I would vote for Daredevil season 1 though I remember how I disliked the black costume. I am also not just a fan of the four leads so I don't feel the desire to rewatch any of the solo shows.

Little doubt in my mind...

1. Daredevil S01 (10/10 : Perfection)
2. Daredevil S02 (9/10 : Punisher elevated the season Elektra was a bit of a drag and the courtroom stuff was written badly)
3. Defenders (8.5/10 : Great character arcs all the way through)

4. Luke Cage (7/10 : Great start went WAY downhill after Cottonmouth departed)
5. Iron Fist (6/10 : Should have been SO much better. Danny teeters on "Jessica Jones" territory being a one note whinny character)
6. Jessica Jones (3/10 : Split love from the fans and I can't understand how anyone likes this one note dreary mess of a season. Jessica is a messed up individual but to write her with NO personality at all grates on the nerves.)

Iron Fist. best produced series to date. they learned from all the mistakes of the previous shows and applied it.

*dares all the haterz* :p

tbh i dont understand all the hate for this show other than, from what i have observed, a general whining for the legal plot and the lack of kung fu action overkill. i mean seriously guys if thats what you want theres a glut of Chinese kung fu films on the internet. have at it.:sly:

edit: oh and a close runner up for me is Jessica Jones. again much maligned by the numbskulls. i think we can pretty much split the Marvel Netflix viewer into two general categories given someone's response to JJ and IF.

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE Jessica Jones. But my huge, obvious crush on Charlie Cox demands that I vote for Daredevil.

JJ>DD2>DD1>LC>IF

Episode 1-7 of Luke Cage might be some of the finest produced by Marvel on Netflix but after that....oof.

Luke Cage is my favourite, and most anticipated solo. I wouldn't say it was the best season overall though. They've pretty much declined steadily from the start sadly.

Daredevil Season 1 - Really solid throughout. A break-through for superhero television. Great villain, good story. Did end on a bit of a bum note though.

Jessica Jones - Messier than Daredevil, a bit padded and inconsistent. Strong core story with another fantastic villain, only this time it ended well.

Daredevil Season 2 - Excellent when Punisher is involved. Boring when Elektra is there instead. Like the first season it has a limp ending.

Luke Cage - A pretty much perfect early run, but as mentioned, the showrunners messed up badly killing Cottonmouth and then added insult to injury by replacing him with the campy, awful Diamondback. Never quite recovers from that, but I still enjoyed the other characters' stories.

Iron Fist - Garbage. Danny is badly written and performed, and the story crawls toward a boring conclusion. The Hand have always been a terribly underwhelming villain. I did enjoy Harold and Ward Meachum, for what it's worth.

Defenders - Only 2 episodes in so far, but somehow I'm liking this even less than Iron Fist. Danny is still awful, and I resent every time we cut away from a superior character.

1.dd
2.jj
3.lc
4.if

Daredevil s1
Daredevil s2
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones.

Daredevil S1 was the only season that was consistently good beginning to end. Season 2 lost some appeal in the second half. Some say the season should have been shorter but I personally feel the second half just wasn't as interesting as the first.
Luke Cage has the same issue as Daredevil's second season. The story changed direction halfway through the season leaving the second half disconnected from thw first half. It would have been better off as it's own season
Iron Fist was the biggest dissapointment for me. The first half of the show was dull and didn't pick up until atleast halfway through. His character arc had little development, probably because it carries straight into the Defenders. We didn't get a costume, and the actor wasn't given enough time to train. Especially since he had no costume to hide a stunt double under.
Jessica Jones. It actually had one of the strongest beginings but her character ultimately became unlikable as the show went on. A bad attitude combined with too many stupid decisions just left me shaking my head. Kilgrave was dissapointing despite the actors strong performance. The only supporing characters I liked were the black cop and the druggie. The sister-neighbor must have been the worst character on any of the shows. Most importantly this is the only Netflix series I agree was drawn out too long. It dragged on starting from the middle and by the end I had been forcing myself to continue. I had to do the same for IF but atleast there it eventually picked up.

Ironically I liked JJ and IF the most in Defenders so I have hope for the characters. Especially IF who we last see in a pretty interesting position. Combine that with more time for Jones to train and a new show runner. IFs2 and DDs3 are now my most anticipated shows along side Punisher thanks to their endings in the Defenders.

Iron Fist
Daredevil season 2.
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage

Daredevil season 1.

I actually haven't been impressed with any of these shows until I watched Iron Fist. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it especially after hating on the first Daredevil season. I just couldn't stand a lot of it, it felt like rehashed crap with some cool action here and there but then I absolutely hated how they portrayed Kingpin, it was hurting my teeth cuz of how much he made me cringe. He was horrendous.
Then I watched Luke Cage and thought everything about the show was pretty great except the lead actor, who is absolute garbage to watch. I can't believe they cast this guy Mike Coulter. He has zero cool factor.

Then I decided to watch Jessica Jones which had a slow start for me but wasn't bad overall. Some genuine comedy and interesting ideas came out of this show and it pushed me to give Daredevil Season 2 a shot even though I had zero interest after the first season. To Me it was a massive improvement in nearly every way and the additions of The Punisher and Elektra were simply fantastic.

I just started watching The Defenders today and though it started slow, I'm beginning to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"