Your opinion(s) on Marvel Noir/Pulp collection

monks19

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi. Quick questions to every comic book fans, film noir fans & pulp stories fans:

- Should Mavel continues their Noir/Pulp inspited series ? If yes, why ?

- What did you like and/or disliked on those stories and what improvement(s) /change(s) would you like the writers to make ?

Personnally, I liked their approach, but a more Sin City / Pulp era & hardboiled atmosphere should be more present (without copying/ripping off Frank Miller's style, necessarily). I Liked what they did with those elements in the game Spiderman Shattered Dimensions. More dark humor and more distances from the already knows universe(s) should be taken. I mean we all know those characters, normally. But keeping them to close to the same elements from the usual storylines makes this new installment a bit too useless & boring than anything else.

Thanks to answer

I loved the Noir books. They are amazing. I don't think they'd do well as an ongoing series mostly because after a while they'd lose the Noir touch they have after changing writers a dozen times and they'd become generic costume books.

A few one shots every few years would be great though. It lets them mess around with the 30's style flavor that makes the Noir series good while letting us still enjoy the characters we love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"