Zimmerman and the German (Contains chapter 37 spoilers)

brb

Civilian
Reaction score
I had a thought: The German looks and sounds like he could be a young version of Dr. Zimmerman.

Maybe, along with a few Larter's running around (Barbara, Nicki, Strauss, ...?) there could be several "Germans".

So, maybe we haven't seen the last of a cool, new character?

Probably not...
Zimmerman is probably just the scientist behind to clones or whatever it up is Larter's characters. The German is just another mutant.

Well, I agree that Doc Z cloned several copies of Larter's character, but notice that each had different powers. It would seem that he used one set of DNA and made several alternates, which grew into the differently-powered adult women which look like Niki.

Well, why not clone himself (whether or not the original has powers), and try out some nifty powers in them, too?

Look at the pictures:
Zimmerman
Zimmerman
German
The German

They don't look alike to me at all, really. I think the German is gone. They've got other villains to focus on.

I never expected him to stay. They didn't even give him a name. Unlike others, I'm not dwelling on the death of this simple character who's death showed character development for Knox (who i think might be a bigger character).

Looks like in chapter 38, we see a photograph in Dr. Zimmerman's house.
It had a picture of (I think) the doctor, a Larter or two, and the German...

I'll post a screencap when I can get one.

Here's the screencap:

zimmermanphoto.jpg

Shows what appears to be a family of Dr. Zimmerman, an older woman, a happy Larter, and a "The German" look-alike.

There are many Larter's, I'm willing to bet there are many of the German.

-Ben

Who the hell said they were clones? Zimmerman said himself that Tracy, Niki, and Jessica (Niki's dead sister) were identical triplets. All Zimmerman did was give them powers which fits in with the whole power-inducing serum story arc. As for the picture above my post that can easily be the triplet's mother.

Who the hell said they were clones? Zimmerman said himself that Tracy, Niki, and Jessica (Niki's dead sister) were identical triplets. All Zimmerman did was give them powers which fits in with the whole power-inducing serum story arc. As for the picture above my post that can easily be the triplet's mother.

Um, the birth certificates Micah found say they were born to different mothers(Sullivan and Rosenthal)... Usually triplets are born to the same mother. Sounds like cloning with surrogate mothers.

Who knows when they were given powers, though? Would the original Larter have had powers in any case? Pre-embryonic? After they were born? I'd guess in the lab, when Dr. Zimmerman had a bunch of viable, identical embryos.

Last edited:
Um, the birth certificates Micah found say they were born to different mothers(Sullivan and Rosenthal)... Usually triplets are born to the same mother. Sounds like cloning with surrogate mothers.
Either that or the birth certificates were faked. If the company Zimmerman worked for is the same company we know it'd be a piece of cake for them to do it.

Who knows when they were given powers, though? Would the original Larter have had powers in any case? Pre-embryonic? After they were born? I'd guess in the lab, when Dr. Zimmerman had a bunch of viable, identical embryos.
It could be any number of situations but I think they were injected with this serum after they were born and unlike Mohinder's serum it took a lot longer for the powers to manifest.

The German we saw was probably the same one in the picture. That's why we didn't get a real name- if they had said Zimmerman than the connection between the two would have been easy to see right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"