• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Danny Elfman Scoring Justice League - Part 2

Zimmer basically just copy-pasted that piano motif into any scene that wasn't a fight scene across two movies, it should be easy enough for them to do in JL.

*ducks for cover*

NeatIndolentHornbill-size_restricted.gif

:o

I haven't seen the film yet, so I can't comment, but many people who have listened to the soundtrack have said that Zimmer's MoS theme is not there, so...

Like Cats and io9 stated before, it's possible it's in the film but not in the score itself. Hopefully that's the case.

Could anyone hit me up with a soundtrack PM? :)

Thanks alot!

Ouch.

I do love that piano melody, I just wish Zimmer had done more with it. It often felt, like I said, he just copy-pasted it into anything that wasn't an action sequence. "Quiet moment? Great, insert piano melody. Boom, done."

I really enjoy his full-fledged Superman theme. Not using that in BvS was downright criminal.

Last time I sent these much PMs, it was when Dunkirk's prologue leaked. :funny:

I haven't seen the film yet, so I can't comment, but many people who have listened to the soundtrack have said that Zimmer's MoS theme is not there, so...

Its not there...and the soundtrack has the pivotal parts/major beats of the film. So he doesnt use the Zimmer theme in any of the major moments.

I liked Rupert Gregson-Williams' WW soundtrack.

Yep. Me too.

I saw a summary of the soundtrack on twitter and I completely agree :

"I dig this Sigrid track.Wonder Woman Rescue is terrible."Home" is very good. I have a pretty good idea of what this scene will be. Love the acoustic guitar in it.Final Battle is just an nostalgic ********** lmfaooooo. And I swear to God I keep hearing the Avengers chords throughout this soundtrack.
Not a bad score at all, but I will never listen to it again apart from a couple of tracks. My picks would be:

"Story of Steppenwolf"

"Aquaman in Atlantis"

"Home".
"

Its not there...and the soundtrack has the pivotal parts/major beats of the film. So he doesnt use the Zimmer theme in any of the major moments.

Yep. Me too.

I saw a summary of the soundtrack on twitter and I completely agree :

Final Battle - nostalgic ********** is so true. :woot:

I love how eerie the tracks sound.

Currently listening.
Tunnel Fight has some interesting notes but that's about it.

So Elfman is basically recycling everyone else's stuff and watering it down. I thought this dude was supposed to be a genius...

But I guess that's the nature of the game when you're brought on board this late. Should've just kept JXL. Bombastic sure, but at least we'd have some universe musical continuity and actual original stuff.

So Elfman is basically recycling everyone else's stuff and watering it down. I thought this dude was supposed to be a genius...

But I guess that's the nature of the game when you're brought on board this late. Should've just kept JXL. Bombastic sure, but at least we'd have some universe musical continuity and actual original stuff.

He was, 30 years ago.

Brought on board late? They replaced XL in July during reshoots. Elfman has plenty of time.

If I enjoy the movie even half as much as the score, then I'm in for a good time.

"Batman on the Roof"(only first 50 seconds), "Home" and "The Story of Steppenwolf" are the only pieces of music that made some impression on me.

"Wonder Woman Rescue" - I appreciate that we get to hear Diana's theme performed with a different instrument. In this case - a full orchestra. I appreciate it, but I definitely don't like it. It genuinely feels like circus music. From 1:51 I can clearly picture someone doing cartwheels and flips.

Aside from the preexisting themes there's nothing else in there. Nothing! And yes, the "Justice League United" is definitely the JL theme. You hear a hint of it in the "Logos" track and later in all the action tracks. Almost copy/paste of the Avengers theme.
Not even a hint of the "Man of Steel" theme, but plenty of time for the John Williams one. :facepalm:
It feels so disconnected from the previous films. Shame. Real shame.

Last edited:
Not even a hint of the "Man of Steel" theme, but plenty of time for the John Williams one. :facepalm:
It feels so disconnected from the previous films. Shame. Real shame.

Now I'm almost certain Elfman didn't write the piece for the SDCC 2017 trailer.

Last edited:
He was 15 years ago. Dude composed Spider-man 1 and 2 and they were amazing original soundtracks.
Yep.

That's debatable. His work on Batman was absolutely incredible and, that's just my opinion, he never toped that after.
Sure, he made excellent scores later but Batman was the pinnacle of his career.

Didn’t Elfman say that Zimmer’s stuff was in the film? Sounds like an Avengers: Age of Ultron case where a good chunk of the returning stuff wasn’t on the physical album release but made I?t into the film, which sucks but I can live with it. As long as the continuity is in the film itself.

And yes, the "Justice League United" is definitely the JL theme. You hear a hint of it in the "Logos" track and later in all the action tracks. Almost copy/paste of the Avengers theme.
This is an impertinence of the highest calibre. I'm speechless.

It genuinely feels like circus music.
That's what you get by hiring Elfman, no surprise. Circus music in a Snyder's epic DC blockbuster, well, this might be the biggest disappointment of my life.

Just from a soundtrack only standpoint, I’m disappointed. The callbacks were cool but I didn’t really like much else. Like I’m sure it’ll sound fine with the tone of the film, but nothing stood out. Hoping this is a case of “good movie, average soundtrack”

I really wish Zimmer stayed on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"