• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Smallville Green Arrow Series Coming to the CW? (Hartley not attached)

Yes I was just also saying it too. I can't wait to see more pics of the suit in action. To see boots, and what ever they doing for mask.

I like it, but from what I can see, it does kinda look like the SV suit.

While it looks cool, it's basically the darker version of the SV GA suit. :super:

Looks cool. Awhile ago I saw some behind the scenes pic of the guy in the title role and he didn't seem blond to me. Will Ollie not have blond hair here?

He probably went to wrong thread or something.

Meh it sucks that's it's not going to be based on the comics. A co-worker told me about the Arrow series and I was excited, even after hearing that Hartley wasn't going to be Green Arrow. And I suppose I'll still watch it just to see if it will impress me with its non-comic-ness now.

Just cause one comment originally said it wouldn't be based on comics. Doesn't mean it won't draw for comic stuff here and there. Just like sv did it wasn't based on any one story. But drew for many eras of superman and then there own spin on things. Arrow will probably be like that. As for hartley this wasn't going to bbe a spin off. Just a new take on character. So there was no part for hartley.

^ Well I'm sure it's inevitable that there will be at least a small amount of comic influence, it's just they way it was worded in the article, pretty cut-and-dry sounding to me, as in "comic fans, don't get too excited." But if this show makes it, I hope they end up drawing on the comics for some good storylines. :)

oh totally i think most have been taking things a bit to literal when they said they want to be like batman begins, jason bourne. Which i think many thought that means totally reality based/grounded. I think it will be more, they want to present the world arrow is in as a real place, but what arrow, and potential super heroes/villains do is extradorinary. So that is what i hope they are doing.

Like i said over in the ga thread in tv section before they could present the world as a place like it is for us in real life. But hopefully they dont out right say there is no magic, metas, aliens. The best thing to do is leave the door open for those things to exist. They can just say no metas/aliens/magic folks have gone out public yet. Or there is rumors/myths of those such beings. But everyone brushes it as just that myths/legends/rumors.

But hopefully they dont out right say there is no magic, metas, aliens. The best thing to do is leave the door open for those things to exist. They can just say no metas/aliens/magic folks have gone out public yet. Or there is rumors/myths of those such beings. But everyone brushes it as just that myths/legends/rumors.

Agreed. I'm pretty confident they will leave the door open for those things...honestly, the CW would be stupid for not doing so. As far as I can tell, after Smallville, they should know by now the power that the comic-verse has.

Totally and the new cw president has said he wants me genre shows, and dc shows. Now sure we don't need to see magic beings, aliens in the show. But I still say it would be a waste to cut out those things/metas if the show turns into a success and we can build another live action dc universe.

Many posters here are saying that Arrow is shelved. Is its cancelled even before pilot is completed ?

Meh it sucks that's it's not going to be based on the comics. A co-worker told me about the Arrow series and I was excited, even after hearing that Hartley wasn't going to be Green Arrow. And I suppose I'll still watch it just to see if it will impress me with its non-comic-ness now.

What does that even mean? Most shows and movies based on long running comic books aren't based on any specific storyline and usually draw from multiple sources. At the very least, the basic premise is "based on the comics".

It isn't sheleved they are nearing/or have finished shooting it. Now its time for it to be edited and presented to the network. And once fall upfronts happen in may. We will find out if it was picked up.. hell if it was canned already we probably would have heard from the producers, cw, dc, and the cast.

Did I say he did?

IMO, a series starring Phil Morris as the Martian Manhunter would be kick-ass. Think Shaft with superpowers. Some other possibilities that only guested on Smallville:
  • Black Canary
  • Zatanna
  • Angel Of Vengeance
  • Hawkman - Hawkman has lots of potential. To start with, he's immortal through reincarnation, so his story can take place throughout history. Plus he flies like a bird, with a feathery 20-foot wing span, medieval armor and weaponry, an organizer or superhero teams, and a responsibility to save the world from big bad evil somewhere between Superman and Buffy. I've obviously been thinking about this one.

I hope they give this a shot, and I'll tell you why. I had serious doubts when I first heard that the canceled Buffy series would be replaced by a new series about the early life of Clark Kent and his life in Smallville. His story was most recently told in the series Lois and Clark, which I wasn't crazy about although I was mad for Terry Hatcher. But when I saw Smallville, I was hooked; the show had a lot of originality despite the over-familiarity of the characters. I also liked The Cape and was surprised that there wasn't a stronger response to this brand new superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"