Homeland - Part 1

Well I hoped he'd be coming back and you naysayers were wrong, wrong, wrong! I don't know how he's coming back but if any SOB can fight off being nearly killed by Chemical agent which he took a antidote for its Peter Quinn.

Homeland: Quinn's Fate Revealed!
By Michael Ausiello / May 26 2016, 5:49 PM PDT

It’s a miracle!

Despite the fact that a critically wounded Quinn was last seen crossing over to the proverbial light in Homeland‘s Season 5 finale, Rupert Friend will return to the Showtime thriller in Season 6 as a full-fledged series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

“I hope he enjoys eating through a tube,” showrunner Alex Gansa joked to EW.com, before adding, “How [Quinn] is gonna be dramatized this year is going to surprise people, and it may not be what you think.”

Friend revealed to the site that Quinn will emerge from his near-death experience a changed man, one more willing to show his intimate and personal side.

Back in January, Showtime programming chief Gary Levine hinted at Quinn’s survival, telling reporters at the Television Critics Assoc. winter press tour, “If he should live, it will not be — in any way, shape or form — the way he has lived to date.”

Homeland‘s sixth season will be set (and shot) in New York City, and will take place during the two month period between Election Day and the swearing in of the new POTUS. “There is this strange period in America where there are 72 days when it’s not exactly clear who’s in charge, and there is a new president that needs to be educated on what it means to be president,” Gansa explained to EW.com. “That is a very complex transfer of power filled with all kinds of anxiety and different competing interests… it’s a dangerous time in our democracy.”
http://tvline.com/2016/05/26/homeland-season-6-quinn-alive-rupert-friend-returning/

I don't want to see a bed ridden, wheel chair bound, etc. Quinn. 😔

Well this show has officially went full on fantasy mode. Is Carrie going to ask her Faerie Godmother to give Peter a new brain? Or is the CIA going to try some experiemental drug that grows him a new brain? Cant wait to find out.:o

Stupid spineless writers.

The end of last season was a good end for Quinn.

His return better not be a jump the shark moment.

‘Homeland’ Nears Renewal For Seasons 7 & 8, Season 6 Debut Pushed To January
Showtime is finalizing a deal with Fox 21 TV Studios to lock its flagship drama series Homeland for 3 more seasons, starting with the already picked up upcoming sixth season, whose premiere has been pushed to January 2017. Showtime Networks president and CEO David Nevins made the announcement during a press call Wednesday morning. In fall 2016, Homeland will be replaced by Shameless air a second season in 2016. The additional pickup for Homeland would be for Seasons 7 and 8. Star Claire Danes and showrunner Alex Gansa are both set for Seasons 6, 7 and 8, Nevins said.

Homeland will return to the U.S. after spending the last two seasons shooting in South Africa and Berlin. Season six is set to begin production in New York starting in August.

“We are proud that Homeland has been so consistently recognized for its excellence with awards and critical acclaim, but we are in awe of how the series fearlessly mines the geopolitics of our complicated world and translates that into compelling human drama,” said David Nevins, President and CEO, Showtime Networks Inc. “Under Alex Gansa’s brilliant leadership, Homeland has shown an uncanny ability to reinvent itself which makes us supremely confident that this show will remain as distinctive, relevant and cutting edge as anything on television for as long as these producers want to continue.”
http://deadline.com/2016/06/homeland-renewed-seasons-season-6-debut-pushed-to-january-1201765619/

Homeland - Season 6 - Elizabeth Marvel Cast as U.S. President-Elect
When Homeland finally returns, it will feature a renewed focus on Washington, D.C. -- and one important piece has fallen into place.

The Showtime drama has cast actress Elizabeth Marvel as the president -- well, sort of. She'll play president-elect Elizabeth Keane, a former junior senator who's yet to be inaugurated when the action picks up during the sixth season. Described as "bright, charming, lively and blunt," it's the first new character addition for the forthcoming season.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/homeland-casts-female-president-season-914936

Homeland - Season 6 - Hill Harper & Patrick Sabongui Join Cast
Homeland continues to fill out the cast for its upcoming sixth season.

Another hard reboot for the Showtime series, the next season shifts back to the United States in the wake of a presidential election. How timely!

Limitless star Hill Harper joins the previously cast Elizabeth Marvel. He'll play the chief of staff to her president-elect. The Flash actor Patrick Sabongui will team up with Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison, playing a CUNY law professor and advocate for the Muslim-American community.

Homeland, which will return to Showtime in January after more than a year off of the air, begins production in New York next week. In addition to Danes, Mandy Patinkin and (in some capacity) Rupert Friend return for the series. Showtime renewed Homeland through season nine back in January.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/homeland-casts-pair-key-season-918867

I enjoy homeland but I really think they should have rnded it after season 3.

I don't. Season 4 was a great and awesome way to restructure the series. I've enjoyed the post-Brody era of the show.

Me too, They had a lot of balls to kill off the co lead of the show.

homeland-season-6-poster1.jpg

[YT]m9MvePNpnGg[/YT]

[YT]3GkR8bHSE1s[/YT]

I hope Quinn gets a Superman 2 moment with that robber.

I hope Quinn gets a Superman 2 moment with that robber.

And he got it.

He'll never fully recover and return to 100% his old self. But at 40-50% he can still be bad ass.

Going by last night's ep and the previews for next week, I'm liking where this is headed.

Me, too. Quinn is the best part of this show for me. :)

Poor kid, indeed. Immediately Ithought the FBI was getting back at the kid. Then the preview painted a different picture....

I think Dar was behind it as a way to get back at Carrie. Slowly destroying her credibility. I hope Quinn gets out of that mess alive.

Poor kid, indeed. Immediately Ithought the FBI was getting back at the kid. Then the preview painted a different picture....

I think Dar was behind it as a way to get back at Carrie. Slowly destroying her credibility. I hope Quinn gets out of that mess alive.

That'd be super messed up.

Still not sure if they made the right move keeping Quinn alive.

Tonight's ep was intense! #TeamQuinn

This whole thing has Dar's name all over it. Not just Carrie's situation but the middle eastern stuff Saul is looking into. Now Dar pretty much has the Pres-elect locked away while he's scheming around. He would have that kind of power to pull the phone recordings from the NSA. The van in Quinn's pic. Was the same one the poor kid drove? Loving Quinn this season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"