• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics I think they should bring back Ben Reilly and Kaine

JesusOfNazarath

Civilian
Reaction score
I never read any of the clone saga of issues that featured the characters, but I read the profiles of theirs and they seem like really cool characters.
Ben's http://www.marvel.com/universe/Reilly,_Ben
I like how in Ben's it says him and Pete were like brothers and whatnot.:)

Kaine's http://www.marvel.com/universe/Kaine

I wanna get the comics they were in, so what did it start in/run through ect...?

How would you bring them back?

They seem like such cool characters and the concept of it seems great. Why do some people say it was so bad? Ben's Costume looks so cool too. I don't see why they needed to kill Ben for it to be over.:(

The whole execution of the Saga wasn't what it could of been, for one thing 2 years is quite along time for a story, and many people disliked the revelation that Peter Parker was a clone. People liked Ben, even the most adament of clone saga critics admit he was a great character, they just didn't appreciate the percieved replacement of Peter Parker.

Anyway like I said check it out for your self, it runs for two years starting from Web of Spider Man 117 (October 94) all the way to Peter Parker 75 (October 97) every single comic between these two issues are clone saga related.

The Reilly thread has the full list as well as the most important/key arcs and issues.

I should probably post that list on page 1.

And it's funny; Marvel pretends th' CS don't exist, yet they give two clones bios on their site. Go figger.

Done an' done. The official Clone Saga checklist is now on post 1 of th' OFOR thread.

If you want to catch up on the Clone Saga, you've got a LOT of back issues to buy, heh.

And bringing back Ben Reilly would be a very tough thing to do. Kaine, is a lot easier. If you're looking for some recent stuff with Kaine in it he appears in Spider-Girl. The only Spider-Man book that has guts to still acknowledge that the Clone Saga happened, because it's written by a fantastic Spidey writer, Tom Defalco.

Enjoy and good luck. :up:

Check mycomicshop.com fer PPSM #75's release date if ya don't believe.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I should probably post that list on page 1.

And it's funny; Marvel pretends th' CS don't exist, yet they give two clones bios on their site. Go figger.

I added to Peter's significant issues box on his profile page about him having a clone and MJ having a baby. So they don't forget.:up: :)

SpideyInATree said:
And bringing back Ben Reilly would be a very tough thing to do. Kaine, is a lot easier.

I dunno, I think Ben could be brought back easy. Didn't he die on his first apprearance and Pete had to despose of his body? Why didn't the body turn to ash then? Or did it? If they did it then, then they could do it again.

I loved Ben. I was extremely pissed when the killed him off because there was no need. They could have had two series. Peter as Spidey in New York and Ben as the Scarlet Spider in say...L.A.

I know Marvel can't keep anyone dead so I say bring him back during the Civil War story line.

I was actually thinking they might bring him back during the CW story. I hope they come out with a variant of him on the cover. I'd then have to go back on my word saying I wouldn't buy variants anymore. lol:D I'd be wroth it though, like the Hawkeye one was in the HoM story.

I think they should bring Kaine and Ben back, just to more firmly kill them ;D

JesusOfNazarath said:
I was actually thinking they might bring him back during the CW story. I hope they come out with a variant of him on the cover. I'd then have to go back on my word saying I wouldn't buy variants anymore. lol:D I'd be wroth it though, like the Hawkeye one was in the HoM story.

There recently was a Spider-Man comic that had a variant cover with the Scarlet Spider. It was during The Other storyline and each issue had it's own variant cover of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man # 1. It had all the different costumes that Spidey has worn over the years. Scarlet Spider is one of them. So if you want to check that out, go to www.spiderfan.org and browse there to find which issue...because I'm not really sure off the top of my head.

I'd like to tell you exactly why bringing Ben Reilly back would be tough but I don't want to spoil the ending of Peter Parker Spider-Man # 75 for you.

But recent rumblings of JMS/Quesada teaming up on a Spidey mini that is suppposed to fix continuity errors and, from the rumor mill, it involves time traveling. So...Ben Reilly back in the Spidey comics? With a time machine it's possible and that's really the only thing I can see bring the Scarlet Spider back to us Ben Reilly fans. I hope it happens. But I'm not holding out much hope. :o

Us Ben Reilly fans? Way you talk seems like you hate th' Clone Saga.

Well, if I said "US" Ben Reilly fans that means I'm including myself.

Now if I said, "You Ben Reilly fans" that would be excluding myself, therefore, I'd label myself "Clone Saga hater".

But I'm an "us" guy when it comes to the Clone Saga. :up:

Shway.

And FYI, I meant way you talk in th' past sense.

I think it would be very easy to bring him back. There's quite the time lapse between when we see him last and then his final appearance that eventually leads to his death. And it went AGAINST continuity that he dies the way he dies, so you could easily pass the Ben you see die off as another quicky clone, ala those in Maximum Clonage.

JesusOfNazarath said:
I dunno, I think Ben could be brought back easy. Didn't he die on his first apprearance and Pete had to despose of his body? Why didn't the body turn to ash then? Or did it? If they did it then, then they could do it again.

Well Ben wasn't exactly dead back than, more like drugged out of his mind and thrown into a smokestack, as well the whole degeneration/ash thorey that Marvel used to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt who was who, is extremely flawed, you'll notice that once you get into the Maximum Clonage portion of the book (Try to be brave while reading Omega, it'll be over quick :O)

Marvel have enough problems with Spidey right now,without bringing back problems from the past.Leave Kaine and Reilly in the past where they belong,along with the rest of the Clone Saga.

I'd say Sins Past was worse than the Clone Saga. The Clone Saga was laughibly bad with the "oh Peter's the clone what no he's not" stuff, while Sins Past was just crapping on a classic story.

I'd like to see the Clone Saga stuff reprinted, at least the important parts. I'd sooner get that than trades of some of the Spider-Man stuff coming out now.

Citizen_Kaine said:
Well Ben wasn't exactly dead back than, more like drugged out of his mind and thrown into a smokestack, as well the whole degeneration/ash thorey that Marvel used to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt who was who, is extremely flawed, you'll notice that once you get into the Maximum Clonage portion of the book (Try to be brave while reading Omega, it'll be over quick :O)

Okay I just read Alpha and it said in it Pete and Ben ran tests that said who was who. What happend to that theroy.:confused: Did Marvel just pretend that didn't happen? I also read in it there was a clone called Spidercide,couldn't they just say that the "Ben" who died was really a clone with Spidercide's morphing ability? I think that degeneration/ash theory is stupid. Who thaought of that ppffff:mad:

Doc Ock said:
Marvel have enough problems with Spidey right now,without bringing back problems from the past.Leave Kaine and Reilly in the past where they belong,along with the rest of the Clone Saga.

They weren't bad parts though, so I don't see the need to get rid of that past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"