• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Flash The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a google search on the image and it turns out it's Olympic Diver Chris Mears. Primal, YOU LIED TO MEEE!!!

crying-santana-is-crying.gif

tumblr_n2d33avuLg1qcmn7oo1_250.gif

But they look so much alike! Tumblr gone done lied on me! I was on the Grant Gustin tag! I swear it!

Do you think Barry will share some of Wally's characteristics in this show? With the exception of Young Justice every show merged some of both characters, whether the Flash is named Barry or Wally

Do you think Barry will share some of Wally's characteristics in this show? With the exception of Young Justice every show merged some of both characters, whether the Flash is named Barry or Wally

I'm betting we will, since Wally's unlikely to progress very far on this show. Would make sense to give Barry some of Wally's traits.

Since the that amazing notGrant gif is not Grant, might as well make up for it with a tame shirtless pic.
tumblr_n22xk5CA3T1trthloo1_500.jpg

I hope Kevin McHale guests or gets on the show if it makes it to a 2nd season since their besties.

Lol....thanks, I guess. ;)

You know in truth I'd probably have to watch LOSH again, although my opinion will probably remain the same on it, but maybe i should do it anyway just to be fair, I pretty much disliked it so much while it was on, after about 8 or so episodes I just gave up on it, that's how bad I thought it was.

Buuuut...to each their own.

You should go back and give GL a chance over LOSH...I think you would enjoy it more...or not lol.

Thanks for doing the dirty work sawyer. Faith restored in gustin

Also with all this talk of gl tas I'm willing to give it another chance, I gave up after 3 episodes my first run thru. Is there a legal place to watch the episodes for free? I'm definitely not paying 1.99 an episode for a show that I'm already weary of

Yeah really, I thought that it was fantastic and got cancelled WAY TOO soon. That seems to be a trend with DC shows on CN, unless they're stupid, juvenile, and cater to the lowest common denominator (coughTTGocough).

I have more recent memories of that since it was on not too long ago but maybe I will just for you. :) lol

Awwe...for me:woot: Tin man you do have a heart lol.

Also with all this talk of gl tas I'm willing to give it another chance, I gave up after 3 episodes my first run thru. Is there a legal place to watch the episodes for free? I'm definitely not paying 1.99 an episode for a show that I'm already weary of

Not sure..I'm guessing no, but you might get lucky on youtube.com

@Rorschach...yeah it was cut way too early. I would rather have it and YJ back over TT, but after giving TT a chance it is entertaining and caters to a younger audience. My kids enjoy it cause it's like those other mindless CN tv shows. I've decided to enjoy it for what it is. The original TT was a decent show, this is just one of those DC Block shorts expanded...which if you look at it that way isn't all that bad. However, it should NOT have replaced YJ and GLTAS.

It's a crime that new Teen Titans show replaced Young Justice...

I didn't like YJ when it was on, but learned to really appreciate it. by the time i finished the series, i was in love with that universe they created. YJ and B: BATB have come closest to matching the quality of the DCAU.

If GL TAS is anywhere near as good as YJ, i definitely have got to give it another chance.

It's a crime that new Teen Titans show replaced Young Justice...

I didn't like YJ when it was on, but learned to really appreciate it. by the time i finished the series, i was in love with that universe they created. YJ and B: BATB have come closest to matching the quality of the DCAU.

If GL TAS is anywhere near as good as YJ, i definitely have got to give it another chance.

Well I don't want to sell you yogurt and tell you it's icecream lol. GL was good, it wasn't YJ, but it was good IMO. The story arcs with the main characters and the introduction of other lantern corps is what really made the show. I think every episode was better than the GL movie, if that means anything, but it wasn't no YJ. However, I would still say to watch it. I thought it was on part with Superman TAS if not slightly less because IMO SupermanTAS was no BatmanTAS, but it was far from terrible. BatmanTAS just set a very high bar.

Once you get past the first 4 or so episodes I'm telling you you will enjoy it. You have to get past the hero and team origins stuff and then it gets good.

Well,if we're still talking about various animated series,I'll give my 2 cents,

GL: TAS The first season was bland,but I stuck with it and the second season kinda hooked me with the storyline about them trying to get the green robot girl back.I dug the animation (and I'm really not big into 3D animation to begin with).Some of the stuff with Star Sapphire was cool.Not really being well versed in "Lantern Lore" probably helped.:oldrazz:

Beware The Batman Sort of hit and miss.Didn't like the new Alfred or Katana being the "robin substitute".But some of the episodes were compelling.I liked the D-list villains getting a shot.

Young Justice was good.Sub-plots got all over the place and you needed a score card to keep track.Probably more fun for the die-hards,myself being more a "casual" viewer.

Teen Titans Go! I watched the first season of the original incarnation and felt it was "Meh" at best.I have no interest in even bothering with the new version.

LOSH was.....OK.Another case like GL,where not being well versed in that particular lore probably served me well.Kinda "disposable" entertainment.(I.E. I can't recall any of the episodes for love or money)

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it just occurred to me.....

...If Iris is Black on the show and they introduce Wally in later seasons, could that mean that we could possibly be getting a Black Flash?!?!?!

cgwF7iZ.jpg

3LS1rhv.jpg

YESSSSS!!!!!

Yes, it's been all but confirmed what with the West's being black and reintroducing Wally in the New52 in a few weeks.

I doubt we'll see Wally actually take up his role as The Flash on this show.

I wouldn't mind if they held off on giving Wally powers for a good few seasons. Or just hold off on him altogether. I don't want them bringing him into play as soon as Arrow did with Roy.

I want Wally in there asap... Like toward the end of season 1. Have him be a Flash fanboy for most of season 2 and recreating Barry's accident in the season 2 finale.

^I like your plan
Young Justice was good.Sub-plots got all over the place and you needed a score card to keep track.Probably more fun for the die-hards,myself being more a "casual" viewer.
I love that show, easily my new favorite comic book show

Last edited:
If Wally shows up in the show, I'm assuming he might take up the mantle of Impulse as given by Barry. It'd be kinda funny if there wasn't much of an age difference between Flash and Kid Flash.

However, I do think that Bart Allen as Impulse would bring a lot more story potential than Wally as Impulse.

I don't think they need to introduce Wally at all at this point. Waaay too early. Iris is still in college. At least wait until season 2, then do it toward the end and have him be just a kid at first and build him up as a regular.

Maybe give him powers in season 3 or 4 if the show lasts that long (ideally 4 or 5, IMO).

Gave GL a shot again today. Overall feelings are the same (bland and forgettable, a much better GL show awaits to be made) but animation is a little better than I remember.

I liked Young Justice when they had the core JLAers star over the youngin's but felt the show was too soap operaic on the whole at times.

I consider Barman: TAS and Superman: TAS to be very very close in quality and the best takes on the characters, only complaint with Superman: TAS was how weak they made him at times but the characterization and stories were damn near perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"