Will Marvel finally make that Dazzler Movie ...Musical!

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Is it time!
Will Marvel finally make that Roller Disco Dazzler movie they've been dreaming about way back since..., well, back since Disco died.:funny:

Already dated back when she debuted, maybe it's finally gone full circle and her time has come!

6wvo51.jpg

6wvoat.jpg

dazzler-movie-big.jpg

:oldrazz: (for the record the only good thing about this^ graphic-novel was the cover)

Last edited:
A Marvel musical would rock, imho.

But remember, Marvel Studios doesn't actually have the rights to Dazzler, as was rumored at one time.

10_dazzler_9070.jpg

My favorite Dazzler. I'm surprised Fox hasn't used her yet even if she is basically the '80s version of Jubilee, lol.

I'm pretty sure Fox has the rights to Dazzler, in which case Marvel wouldn't be able to make a Dazzler movie even if they wanted to.

Reading the Dazzler series was always a guilty pleasure of mine as a boy in the 80's. :yay: I will still buy old issues today when I find them. Always felt like I should stick to the more manly heroes as a kid, but she always had good guest stars and fun stories. I loved it when she was made one of the six playable X-men in the old giant, coin operated co-op arcade game (God bless the Xbox Live Arcade re-release).

If Dazzler ever makes it into a FOX X-Men - Marvel movie that would be cool, but they would most likely use Jubilee in her place.

Last edited:
They came close to using Dazzler in First Class, so she may appear sooner than you think.

I would only watch a dazzler film if lady gaga did the score and it was gay on an epic scale

If the X-Men Apocalypse film doesn't get derailed due to Bryan Singer's... um... "situation".. then Dazzler might be on track to appear since the film is supposed to be about the 1980s. The original outfit might not make the cut, but an 80s version might.

Well they need to avoid everything Jem Movie did wrong which was completely ignore and forsake the source material, which was a complete failure. We know that dosn't work.

So if Marvel/Disney instead embrace the source material, this should be an guaranteed absolute musical hit!:woot:

Last edited:
As I've said in the MCU Dazzler thread, this could have huge potential and crossover appeal. They could pull in an audience who might not normally go for comic movies. And if they have a stage musical adaptation of it, that can make it even bigger.

If Dazzler ever shows up in the MCU, they totally need to cast Lily James in the role. She looks the part, she's a great actress and, as anyone who's seen Mamma Mia 2 or Cinderella can verify, she can sing too.

DjcspBVXgAAmlku.jpg

Lily James is my number one choice for Sue Storm, but if she didn't get that role I'd be happy with her as Dazzler. I'd love her in the MCU. They need to get her in somehow, and not in a thankless role. It has to be something that really showcases her like Sue or Dazzler.

If Dazzler ever shows up in the MCU, they totally need to cast Lily James in the role. She looks the part, she's a great actress and, as anyone who's seen Mamma Mia 2 or Cinderella can verify, she can sing too.

DjcspBVXgAAmlku.jpg

Check the MCU Fantastic Four thread. James has been fancast as Sue Storm already. She may have been tapped for a bunch of X-Women, too. :cwink:

Dazzler was a favorite of mine when her comic debuted. I would be the first to admit that it wasn't well-written and the whole Dazzler pseudo-phenomenon was ill-conceived. She has a lot of untapped potential, however. With the right director and writer, Dazzler could be a good (smaller) film or streaming show.

Why did this thread magically come back to life? There’s a perfectly good mcu dazzler thread

Last edited:
Oh I think it’s a bit of fun. Dazzler is fun, just be light with it. Let’s see before we judge

I'd rather see them focus on making more X-Men movies, and actually putting Dazzler on the X-Men, than giving her a solo movie. Just because she's a singer, it doesn't mean she should lead a musical movie.

Yeah but once the Joker Harlley Gaga Musical hits, you know Dis-Mar is going to want their own Musical.
And this is Taylor made for it. :cwink:
Not my idea, not my art (just my lame pun) :funny:

Last edited:
Taylor Swift is too busy touring and building her own lore. She works late because she's a singer. If they are gonna hire someone as Dazzler. It should be for long term, and someone that can work as a member of the X-Men.

And just because Dazzler is a popstar, it doesn't mean she spends her days singing her thoughts and dances on the streets just to get her espresso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"