• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight WSS Game - Chicago (Check 1st Post For Info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just to clarify, that footage specifically is? Not that it will happen in this movie, but that that footage is the same as that shown in Wizard World and IS the tumbler blowing up?

Just to clarify, that footage specifically is? Not that it will happen in this movie, but that that footage is the same as that shown in Wizard World and IS the tumbler blowing up?

Yes, I would like to know where this footage is coming from. Was it in the recent trailer? Because I did not see that at all in there.

vlcsnap2684973an4.png

just out of interest. Any of you Chicagoans know where in your fine city this is?

Looking at west, down Wacker, the first bridge is Sate, I think.

That beige building to the left of the street is the one that Batman perched on for the flyby in BB

Looking at west, down Wacker, the first bridge is Sate, I think.

That beige building to the left of the street is the one that Batman perched on for the flyby in BB

Ah thanks, found it on Google Maps now :)

I'm actually a college student from California living in Madison, WI. I just knew that shot because I had a job interview across the street from it... :oldrazz:

Spooky, well thank you anyway, my curiosity, it has been satisfied :)

Yes, I would like to know where this footage is coming from. Was it in the recent trailer? Because I did not see that at all in there.

Assuming the footage is the same as the Wizard World, and after watching the HD trailer *several* times, I'm not convinced that the tumbler gets blown up.

Sure, the Joker clearly launches the RPG at the tumbler (you can actually see his POV holding the spent tube as the tumbler goes by in a few frames) and you see the explosion behind the tumbler, but you do not necessarily see any damage inflicted on it... Nothing that would make me think it totaled it anyway... I think it can take it.

Could be wishful thinking, I do LOVE that car...

EDIT:
So... this is a real spoiler. DO NOT READ if you are avoiding them. A lot of it is present in the trailer, but unless you have a certain couple pieces of information, this won't all come together.

If you look closely, the tumbler jumps between the Joker and the police van he is firing at. A person came forward and posted in the spoiler forum before the trailer was out and said that Dent is in that police van.

He also said that after taking one for the team, the tumbler is badly damaged in the explosion, and after batman initiates a process the batpod emerges from the wreckage of the tumbler. (Have you ever seen the batpod and the tumbler in the same place?) Then he chases to catch up with the Joker and Dent.

If you look at the two trailers, you can figure out that The Joker appears to be walking up to Dent's van with the machine gun and knife in the lightsaber scene.

Then Batman appears to come up behind him on the batpod, causing the Joker to turn and fire, pissed that Batman is messing things up again.

Batman races up and lays down the batpod to put himself between Joker and Dent's van.

It looks like it will be FREAKING AMAZING, but I must shed a tear for my beloved tumbler... :waa:

Also, where are you Byte? Was there another delay, and you're afraid to show your face without the new copy in hand? :cwink::cwink::oldrazz::oldrazz:

vlcsnap2684973an4.png

just out of interest. Any of you Chicagoans know where in your fine city this is?
This is a shot straight down N. Wacker Drive along the Chicago River. Camera is pointed West...East/the lake (Michigan) is behind. Wrigley building is on right with the Marinas as well. The rounded edge building on the right being worked on is Trump Towers...much further along in the process now than when this shot was taken.

Too much info probably, but yeah, that's where the shot it from.

i don't know about the footage but...

My best friend is an actor and did some work on the movie. He was invited to stay around one night after shooting and got to see filming of the Tumbler being destroyed.

i don't know what to tell you guys.... just didn't know HOW busy he was. so sorry guys. guess finals are more important than my little joker trailer. enjoy the real one!!

I dont know what we would do without you Byte19. And I just wanted to say thank you again for putting up that Joker trailer so fast.

I am debating whether or not I should come dressed up as the Joker to the midnight showing with a lightsaber...

:) :)

This is a shot straight down N. Wacker Drive along the Chicago River. Camera is pointed West...East/the lake (Michigan) is behind. Wrigley building is on right with the Marinas as well. The rounded edge building on the right being worked on is Trump Towers...much further along in the process now than when this shot was taken.

Too much info probably, but yeah, that's where the shot it from.

thanks for even more comprehensive explanation! :)

Today marks a full week since the latest Why So Serious? games culminated with viewing of the trailer. These threads were opened to allow those of you in the specific areas to coordinate efforts in solving whatever puzzles were put in place, as well as providing an opportunity to reflect on the matter afterwards via pictures, video and general exchanges. With the forementioned passage of time, that purpose has come and gone. The few of these threads that remain relatively active have largely taken the form of casual conversations. Like the city-specific Dentmobile threads before them, they will now be closed.

For the related matter of the Jokerized film reels raffled off at the screenings, the thread linked below has and will prove sufficient to hold exchanges concerning that discussion.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=301462

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"