‘MacGruber’ Series Ordered at Peacock, Will Forte Reprising Main Role

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
'MacGruber' Series Ordered at Peacock, Will Forte Reprising Main Role - Variety

MacGruber is officially back in action.

Peacock has issued an eight-episode order for a “MacGruber” series which will see Will Forte reprise the role he created while on “Saturday Night Live.” News of the pick up was announced at the NBCUniversal streamer’s TCA press day, and comes around eight months after the show was first put in development.

The half-hour series is an adaptation of the 2010 feature film of the same name, and will also be directed by the film’s helmer Jorma Taccone, of Lonely Island fame.

‘MacGruber’: Sam Elliott, Laurence Fishburne & Mickey Rourke Cast – Deadline

In the series, co-written/executive produced by Forte, after rotting in prison for over a decade, America’s ultimate hero and uber patriot MacGruber (Forte) is finally released. His mission: to take down a mysterious villain from his past—Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth (Rourke). With the entire world in the crosshairs, MacGruber must reassemble his old team, Vicki St. Elmo (Wiig) and Dixon Piper (Phillippe) in order to defeat the forces of evil.

Elliott will play Perry. MacGruber’s rock has always been his father, Perry. Though they’ve drifted apart over the years, MacGruber will need his father’s sage guidance if he hopes to succeed.

Fishburne is General Barrett Fasoose, a highly decorated soldier who commands the respect of the entire US military. In addition to his illustrious career, he is currently married to MacGruber’s ex-wife, Vicki St. Elmo.

Rourke’s Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth is one of MacGruber’s mortal enemies. Long thought dead, he has resurfaced to carry out a heinous plot to destroy the world, and in the process, claim his revenge against MacGruber.

Wow, I’m surprised they got Wiig and Philippe to come back. **** it. The movie is a guilty pleasure. I’m totally down for this.

Oh man MacGruber and Vicki divorced?

Mickey Rourke doing some comedy, I’m so down. Has that happened? Intentionally, I mean?

Will this be a continuation of the movie or its own thing?

So I binged this today. If you liked the movie, you’ll love the show. Philippe didn’t have much to do but Forte and Wiig killed it. Her rhyme song at the beginning had me dying.

I actually binged this a couple of days ago and surprisingly really enjoyed it. The movie that came out in 2010 was really stupid, but I had quite a bit of fun with it even back then.

Just seeing Forte, Philippe and Wiig interact with eachother is gold and I never thought I could get so much enjoyment out of Lawrence Fishburne and Sam Elliot being in a show like this.

I am so glad Fishburne chose to do this instead of The Matrix: Resurrections because it was easily a better use of his talent IMO, especially seeing him in more of a comedic role.

Yeah Fishburne was great in this. But his pencil-thin John Waters mustache really bothered me lol. Come on Laurence. You know better than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"