‘Sympathy for the Devil’ | Nicolas Cage, Joel Kinnaman

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Nicolas Cage, Joel Kinnaman Starring in 'Sympathy for the Devil' - Variety

Nicolas Cage and Joel Kinnaman will star in “Sympathy for the Devil,” a new psychological thriller from director Yuval Adler.

Production on the film is underway in Las Vegas. Capstone Global is handling worldwide sales on the film, and will introduce it to buyers during the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival.

Written by Luke Paradise (“Lost on a Mountain in Maine”), “Sympathy for the Devil” follows “The Driver” (Kinnaman) as he finds himself in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse after being forced to drive a mysterious man known as “The Passenger” (Cage). That sets things up for a white-knuckle ride.

“This is a tour de force featuring two incredible actors,” said producer Allan Ungar. “As an acclaimed filmmaker, Yuval has assembled the perfect cast and brought a unique and gritty vision to this film that will be sure to capture audiences.”

Kinnaman generally has good taste when picking projects, though with Cage, it’s always 50/50 (at best) on whether a movie will be good or barely watchable. He seems to be picking better movies overall though now, so we’ll see.

Director: Okay, Joel… you’re kinda playing against typecast here. You’re not a tough guy, you’re not a badass… you’re just a regular guy, trying to get to his wife before she gives birth.

Kinnaman: Okay, got it.

Director: Now, Nick… hmmm. You know what? Just be yourself.

Cage: YEEAAAHHHHH WOOOHOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nic Cage going full Nic Cage is just too hard to resist at this point, because even if the movie ends up being awful or damn near unwatchable at least I'll be able to get through it thanks to his performance.

I've also come around on Joel Kinneman over the years. As much as I despise that Robocop remake he was great in the first season of Altered Carbon, and I really liked him as Rick Flagg in TSS. I've also heard good things about him in The Killing which I'm going to be checking out pretty soon.

Nic Cage going full Nic Cage is just too hard to resist at this point, because even if the movie ends up being awful or damn near unwatchable at least I'll be able to get through it thanks to his performance.

I've also come around on Joel Kinneman over the years. As much as I despise that Robocop remake he was great in the first season of Altered Carbon, and I really liked him as Rick Flagg in TSS. I've also heard good things about him in The Killing which I'm going to be checking out pretty soon.

He’s great in The Killing; it’s definitely a show that kinda flew under the radar (especially the last two seasons) but it’s really worth a binge.

He was amazing in The Killing and for me it's been his best work. Robocop was meh all over and he was wasted in it. :( If you watch The Killing make sure you watch the third season even if season two drags. It was the best of the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"